Home

Hair Length

This is a discussion on Hair Length within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2008, 09:34 PM   #9
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Hair Length

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
So having all the players look like the same person and no individuality doesn't bother you? Having certain teams like Hawai'i that have a lot of Samoans wearing dreadlocks and long hair look nothing in the game like they do in real life doesn't bother you?

Usually I would agree with your above statement but to me this is akin to having the football be the wrong color or something that is so obvious it's distracting to the game's look and feel. Sure gameplay is obviously important but so is the look and overall feel of the game. This is one area where a minimal amount of time could yield huge results in the overall graphical impact of the game, going a long ways toward eliminating the "generic" look that the game currently sports.

Just look at Madden, would it be the same fun controlling Marion Barber III on the Cowboys without seeing his patented long dreads? Would it be the same for Steeler fans controlling the Pittsburgh defense with Polamalu looking like every other player, his trademark long hair not hanging out of the back of his helmet?? Think about how much individuality that adds to the look and feel of Madden. Then go back to NCAA where it's clone-city.

EA has to add dreadlocks and long hair in 2010 IMO. There is no excuse for them not to. None.
I agree ODogg. I want gameplay to be the absolute best, no questions asked. However, if the game doesn't look real, in most or all aspects, it detracts from the overall feel. I'm fine with not getting the pictures of the players without helmets. At least be able to edit their hairlength and whether or not they have dreads. I don't like the sight of dreads, but they're everywhere. Details, man, details. I'd like for them to be more prevalent from recruits that come from the state of Florida as well.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:47 AM   #10
Banned

MacPlex's Arena

OVR: 14

Um... maybe next yeat. Its amazing how a simple clear visor w/ name brands could add so much to the demo. Imagine hair. The hair on madden is awesome guess wat it even moves.

I hate how people always turn these into cosmo vs. gameplay. It's a cosmetic thread that named hair length. Could you imagine if we could change the length of hair shown outside of the helmet. Like having them barely showing, covering the name or in a pony tail.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:05 PM   #11
Rookie

oukingpen's Arena

OVR: 5

you gotta be kidding me people.

it's a football game.

you wanna play with hair then go play Barbie's Magical Salon.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2008, 12:34 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by oukingpen
you gotta be kidding me people.

it's a football game.

you wanna play with hair then go play Barbie's Magical Salon.

Yes and if the uniforms are wrong are you going to say the same thing? Go play with Barbies because you're focused on clothes? LOL, yeah that makes sense. And no we're not kidding.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-24-2008, 02:07 PM   #13
MVP

babyfat9's Arena

OVR: 14

It's a game correct but would u be playing it if every player had the one bar face mask....just doesn't look right. Hawaiin's and Samoans are proud of their long hair.....why not give them some love. Why would EA put them in Madden when there's a rule trying to have players hair not so long but NCAA has no such rules and yet it's not in the game...thought EA's motto was "If it's in the game, it's in the game".......i don't see it in the game !!!!!!

Monsters of the Midway
Chicago Bears
Old 06-24-2008, 02:30 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 26

Okay, I tried to stay away from this thread because I hold such a strong personal opinion about the dreads not being in the game....but I couldn't resist: a. We know it's only a game b. We are hardcore gamers c. this is a place for people to discuss ALL aspects of sports video games, that's what we're all about here

I was shattered when I found out dreads weren't in the game again, maybe it's because I play with a team whose defense has about 6 players with dreads and the school actually caters to those 6 individual players by playing "Party Like A Rockstar" after a win and those 6 players jump up into the student section and start head banging their 'turantula' style dreadlocks!! It's friggin AWESOME!!

I think most people that are kinda upset about it just don't get the answers that were being thrown out when we asked about them not being in. Madden has them, and they're beautiful on Madden, which makes it even harder to swallow.

But I said I was shattered, I'm not anymore. It's just one of those things that we (myself and ODogg for sure feels the same) will make sure gets put in the game next year. We're gonna hound Adam the entire year. j/k
Old 06-24-2008, 03:48 PM   #15
Rookie

Kodos's Arena

Count me among those who have a hard time caring about hair lengths and styles when bigger gameplay-related issues are out there. When the game plays great on the field and in dynasty mode, then worry about hair and shoe laces and sock lengths and visor colors and belt thickness. Way down the list of concerns in my book.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2008, 04:58 PM   #16
Rookie

oukingpen's Arena

some of you missed my

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »