Home

NCAA DEMO GLITCH, ADAM PLEASE READ - SERIOUSLY

This is a discussion on NCAA DEMO GLITCH, ADAM PLEASE READ - SERIOUSLY within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-24-2008, 09:32 AM   #25
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NCAA DEMO GLITCH, ADAM PLEASE READ - SERIOUSLY

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetYaWeigtUp
Man when I read this I couldnt stop laughin. You sounded like a 10 year old under extreme duress. I havnt seen this happen in NCAA before, thats why it sounded so far fetched. Im glad you had that video because I woulda thought you had a few to many last night. Completely halarious. You definately won an oscar for funniest bug reporter, LOL OMG I still cant stop laughin!

You just sound sooooo astonished at the end of that post. ROFL! "Holy Crap" made it twice as funny, because you began articulating how astonished you were. This is classic!
I wanted to get it all in and I wanted to go to bed
Plus I was surprised when they tried a FG on 1st down, from 52 - it hit the upright.

Last edited by mdgoalie37; 06-24-2008 at 09:35 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2008, 09:35 AM   #26
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
I wanted to get it all in and I wanted to go to bed
Crazy glitch. I'm glad you posted it and that we have OMT here to get the right people to check on it.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 06-24-2008, 09:39 AM   #27
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Good job on posting the glitch. That's a crazy thing to have happen. I hope it isn't an ongoing problem.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:42 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Ok. What I really am trying to figure out is if this only happens if the last play of the game is challenged and if this happens 100% of the time. Those are the steps and the repro rate, which are invaluable when it comes to fixing a bug. To fix it, we need an engineer step through it and make it happen on his dev kit, then he can fix it. That's why I was asking all those questions.

I do know the game will booth challenge a fumble that the offense recovers. Should that not happen? If you advance the ball by recovering your own fumble... which wasn't actually a fumble... wouldn't they review it? Cause you gain an advantage by a missed call.

I'm not to worried about the review. It is what happens when the review is on the last play of the game.
Adam - speaking of reviews, are you guys aware that every time the CPU challenges the play it's always correct and overturned? At least that's my experience. It really ruins a lot of the drama when they challenge because you always know they will win the challenge, unlike when a human challenges. Is this fixed for 09 so that sometimes if the CPU challenges the CPU will not win the challenge?

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-24-2008, 09:44 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Good to see that we got that one ironed out for '09.

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Running out the clock?

QB Kneel

Problem solved.
He should be able to play the game however he wants. If he wants to run up the score he can and he shouldn't have to worry about a crazy glitch at the end of the game.

So no, problem not solved. Thanks for playing though.

First I heard of this glitch even for '08. I hope it's not in the retail version, but if no one knew, chances are it's in there.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:59 AM   #30
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Adam - speaking of reviews, are you guys aware that every time the CPU challenges the play it's always correct and overturned? At least that's my experience. It really ruins a lot of the drama when they challenge because you always know they will win the challenge, unlike when a human challenges. Is this fixed for 09 so that sometimes if the CPU challenges the CPU will not win the challenge?
yeah that got annoying last year. Honestly if the option was there, I'd just turn off booth reviews and would rather have the computer make the right call everytime. I mean, it is a computer, I don't need it to simulate human error.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 06-24-2008, 10:39 AM   #31
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf

He should be able to play the game however he wants. If he wants to run up the score he can and he shouldn't have to worry about a crazy glitch at the end of the game.

So no, problem not solved. Thanks for playing though.

First I heard of this glitch even for '08. I hope it's not in the retail version, but if no one knew, chances are it's in there.
funny thing was I wasn't even trying to run up the score, just work on the running game as I've struggled running the ball. I figured why waste a play to knee the ball in a demo.

I can't believe I've gotten mildly flamed (I don't mean you dookie) for not kneeing the ball in a demo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2008, 10:46 AM   #32
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
yeah that got annoying last year. Honestly if the option was there, I'd just turn off booth reviews and would rather have the computer make the right call everytime. I mean, it is a computer, I don't need it to simulate human error.
Made this point last year, too. They just waste time, imo. I mean, yeah, they're a real-life part of the game, but they're just something that don't translate at all to the video game side of things. Ditch 'em all together if you ask me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »