Home

DT Linder sold psxsports.com

This is a discussion on DT Linder sold psxsports.com within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 04:22 PM   #73
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: DT Linder sold psxsports.com

Why dont we just go knock on his door and ask him to politely stop profiting off of other people's work:

Administrative Contact:
Kaldenberg, Brian [email protected]
Fkrosters.com
208 5th St.
Coralville, Iowa 52241
United States
Old 07-03-2008, 04:32 PM   #74
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

*delete*

Last edited by nxt; 07-03-2008 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Already posted in separate thread.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:39 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mddst34
Why dont we just go knock on his door and ask him to politely stop profiting off of other people's work:

Administrative Contact:
Fkrosters.com
208 5th St.
Coralville, Iowa 52241
United States
He knows exactly what he's doing, and knows people know exactly what he's doing (except those that allow themselves to get ripped off, of course). This will solve nothing. His profits need to plummet (which I hope they do) and/or he needs to be threatened with legal action.

awful demo - Lonnie1892
Quote:
Me no like game. Graphics make Lonnie puke. Lonnie no play NCAA no more. NCAA=suck. Lonnie=not suck. - AuburnAlumni
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2008, 05:13 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Oh man would that be great! Adam, if you are reading this, please get your superiors to shut this fraud down.

Who wouldn't smile knowing that Kaldenberg's latest investment went sour?
That's DT Linder's site, not Kaldenberg's.

DT also purchased the domain ncaarosters.com, which redirects to earosters.com
Old 07-03-2008, 05:19 PM   #77
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mddst34

Administrative Contact:
Fkrosters.com
208 5th St.
Coralville, Iowa 52241
United States
I didn't know he moved to Coralville; I thought he was in St. Louis.

I could go there right now
Old 07-03-2008, 05:49 PM   #78
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettoshark
Actually EA sued Kaldenberg before for a similar site. I don't think Linder's new site EARosters will gets sued though because he's not making a profit off of it.
Profiting or not EARosters is a trademark infringement and at some point he will be made to turn that site over to EA.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-03-2008, 05:51 PM   #79
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettoshark
BTW, I think DT is getting around any possible lawsuit by EA by putting a subtitle that says "Extremely Accurate Rosters". Anyways, his new site is here:

www.EARosters.com
That just shows how little he knows about the law. That defense has been tried before and courts never find in favor of it. The reason is quite simple, when consumers hear EA in relation to college football they identify it with EA Sports, not Extremely Accurate. That won't hold water worth a damn if this ever sees the court of law.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-03-2008, 07:56 PM   #80
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAIRDALE_KINGS
I do not believe that he is late.... people are over-estimating the number of people which the EA Locker feature will service. There are far more people that do not play NCAA Football online & it will not effect them. For the average Jane or Joe they will google search for NCAA 09 rosters this summer and will stumble across one of Brian's three websites. Because of the professional appearance they may purchase a memory card from him or download the rosters from his website. The $10 cost to download the rosters or mail-in a memory card will make the transaction seem legit.
FK, maybe im late, but this guy is charging for the basic DOWNLOAD of the roster format files? which would require a memory unit and the xchange usb kit of your own, right? Thats a huge step and quite risky.

for the longest time there was a thin line regarding that even for the ones doing it for the "money". You ask for donations, and the process of buying a memory card (which is bought for $15 bucks) is then sold with rosters, for $25-30. That was the extent of it. you then had your ebay sellers, selling those memory cards for a profit of $8-12 bucks a sale. That was it though. This dude is playing with fire right near the gas station pumps. noone from my memory has done such a thing to charge openly. even the guys living off those donations, the mail in your memory card part was 100% donation based.

Crazy how its turned into a successful business model for him.

I take this sort of story like a man whos selling tap water to the elderly, only that its labeled as purified spring water. They dont know any better. its not that the consumers are dumb. its an education process. the majority would call us bitter that hes making the money and were not. sad reality

Last edited by RubenDouglas; 07-03-2008 at 08:05 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »