Home

Worst Commentary Lines in NCAA 08

This is a discussion on Worst Commentary Lines in NCAA 08 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2008, 02:30 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Worst Commentary Lines in NCAA 08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
Adam, do you think a "Mispronounced names thread" would be helpful too?
This would be a great thread, there were quite a few mispronounced names of Husker players.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:02 PM   #50
Pro

Cj7298419's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
I am the commentary guy now. 09 was my first year, and I want to get a lot of the memorable lines like these out of the game.

Revamping is drastic and will make the lines much more repertitive because we can only record SO MUCH every year. But a key to improving it is removing the lines that stick out your head.. like the ones people are posting here.

For instance the line with Corso busting out an umbrella in the booth. You guys remember it. Do you remember the other two sets of lines that happen in the exact same situation at that?

2BradThis one has gotten out of hand…
KirkUsually we don’t see games get real ugly until the second half, when the talent of the depth chart starts to show…but man, were still here in the first half and its already lookin like a blowout.
3BradAnd the big lead just got bigger folks.
Lee I've seen some amazing comebacks in my day, but Im not too confident that Im gonna see one today. I'd love to be wrong guys, but I just don’t see it happenin'. I mean these guys aren't just scoring, they're pitching a shutout too!

The point being... revamping isn't the best approach. Removing the memorable stuff and leaving in the lines that still work and adding new ones is a much better approach in my opinion.

That's why I like this thread. I want to hear the ones that you guys can quote from memory. That means it is too memorable and should go the way of the Dodo.
Lol @ Dodo

Gosh I am so happy you're taking notes on what we as gamers want/don't want in future installments. I'm actually a bit surprised at how much you've hung around.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:21 PM   #51
Rookie

Freezer Boy's Arena

OVR: 11

I don't think this one has been mentioned. It plays after a turnover.

Corso: Turnovers are to an offense what donuts are to a diet, they just mess everything up.

Kirk: Turnovers, donuts? I guess it makes sense.

Those weren't the exact words, but it went something like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2008, 03:29 PM   #52
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
When Corso says that if your QB throws another interception, that it will be six on the day.

That line usually happens after throwing 2 interceptions..which is obviously wrong.
I need better info on this. We don't have commentary about 6 picks. We stop at 5.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:32 PM   #53
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
I need better info on this. We don't have commentary about 6 picks. We stop at 5.
I think it's a line where Corso speculates that if a QB throws another INT he'll end up throwing six on the day.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:33 PM   #54
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinfan31
This is a great thread because alot of the lines are way too TIRED. It was good a few years ago when they first came out. But there hasn't been much flavor added since then.

Since it looks like EA doesn't want to add too many new lines to the crew, how about adding another play by play team? Add Musburger and his partner to do some play by play. That would go a long way to adding to the realism of the presentation and lessen the repetitve stale lines.
No.. we add a couple thousand every year. It is just that there are SO MANY lines, you don't notice. What you DO notice is the lines you REMEMBER. These are the ones we need to weed out and this thread will be a great help.

I'm marking all the lines in this thread in the script as memorable. So please, keep them coming! If there is a line you can come in here and post without just hearing it, it should not be in the game.
Old 07-07-2008, 03:37 PM   #55
Rookie

TheGMan77's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartolet7
After a big defensive hit,

KIRK: "It's almost like he ran into a brick wall on that play."

Every. Single. Game.

Ugh.
Definitely. Please, please remove this one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2008, 03:38 PM   #56
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdmo9999
wow no one has brought up the sunshine scooter one, that one pisses me off and it comes on A LOT

Herbie says something like "Scooter" being fast
Then Corso says "That's sunshine scooter, sunshine"

or something like that

also, I'm sick of him calling me sweetheart, if there is anyway that could be taken out
Having a little trouble finding it. Is it any of these?

LeeSome quarterbacks are just SO good at selling the play action…and it truly is an overlooked skill…Take Kirk for example, he wasn’t known for his speed but he could buy a lil time with a good play fake.
KirkAre you calling me slow? This is coming from a guy who's nickname is based on his footspeed. Isn't that right Scooter.
LeeYa left out sunshine. Its SUNSHINE scooter and boy could he play!

BradSo they convert on 3rd down guys.
LeeWhat a play. This kid broke a tackle behind the line of scrimmage and then scooted ahead for the first down.
KirkHe scooted for the first down alright. This coming from the Sunshine Scooter.
LeeHey, this kid can live up to the name.

BradIt may go down as an interception, but he had no choice but to try and make a play there, guys…
KirkI think every quarterback gets a few interceptions off of hail marys on 4th down when you have to throw it…Except for you, right Scooter?
LeeOf course…I was too busy running the ol option to throw any picks.
KirkAahh and the legend of the Sunshine Scooter is born. I just love that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »