Home

Ideal patch scenario

This is a discussion on Ideal patch scenario within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2008, 06:16 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Ideal patch scenario

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWarrior
I wouldn't wanna play with an accelerated clock. Correct me if i'm somehow mistaken but can't that screw you over big time if you're trying to drive down the field late in the game?

I mean think about it. You're down a TD with a minute left starting on the 20 with no timeouts. Any vet of this game knows how much time gets wasted when try to hurry up after a huge gain. Now imagine all that time running off double-time! Yikes! Its like having 1:00 on the clock that actually runs out in 30 seconds.

No thank you.

If it works such that time returns to normal late in the game or something like that then I still don't like it. It'd just feel too much like an artificial/fake/unfair game clock.
I think it is normal in the last two minutes, but anyway, you're point doesn't make any sense, it's pretty much the same amount of time. You're making up for that accelerated clock with more minutes, so either way, whether you play 15 minutes accelerated or 7 minutes normal, it's the same amount of time.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:51 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Ideal patch scenario

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcarracer2552
I think it is normal in the last two minutes, but anyway, you're point doesn't make any sense, it's pretty much the same amount of time. You're making up for that accelerated clock with more minutes, so either way, whether you play 15 minutes accelerated or 7 minutes normal, it's the same amount of time.
I understand how it works, i'm just saying I don't like the artificial feeling of a clock varying in speed. I understand people like the illusion of a regulation game clock but i'd personally prefer the game clock to take the same amount of time and never vary in how fast it runs down. Its pretty much a sentimental thing either way.

awful demo - Lonnie1892
Quote:
Me no like game. Graphics make Lonnie puke. Lonnie no play NCAA no more. NCAA=suck. Lonnie=not suck. - AuburnAlumni

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »