Home

NCAA Football 09: Community Impressions

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09: Community Impressions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2008, 08:34 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: NCAA Football 09: Community Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioactiveman
Those may be the most ridiculous two videos I've ever seen....and literally sealed the deal on my not buying the game...seriously, a RB runs five yards up field, turns around and runs back though the same hole behind the line of scrimmage, goes around the end and out runs what looks like robots to the end zone...that was really stupid. I've watched thousands of football games and have NEVER seen anything like that at any level...

Video two had the RB run right through 5 dudes on the sideline while none of the defenders attempted a dive, tackle, trip, fall, grab...nothing... just running like robot guys.

Maybe the AI was set on "idiot" and if you crank it up it may make a difference...but judging from those videos....YUK!!!!!!!!!!
Come to think of it, those videos (specifically the AI) remind me of the game "Football" for the atari 2600....that's what comes to mind when I watch that. Or that handheld football game with the little red dot where you button mash the run button and run around other little red dots.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mattel.jpg (6.7 KB, 161 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2008, 08:35 PM   #26
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by prscorpio2681
I have a friend who got his early on the 360 and it plays really well. Its smooth and a great step up from last year(getting closer to the 06 version). And for the roster buffs like me...He hasnt had any problems with the roster so far. Up to 40 teams and counting.
Yeah, I'm starting to feel that this roster crash isn't as prevalent as originally thought. It seems like if you use CDJ's roster, it is going to crash sure. He tells me he hasn't crashed in 3 days. If you use Patsa's, there is something wrong with his. But a ton of people are posting in these threads that don't have the game declaring it is ruined.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:51 PM   #27
Rookie

canes2008's Arena

OVR: 9
I agree with a lot of the points made like the qb's be ridiculosly accurate passers and the pass rush is a issue that they could fix with a patch
Old 07-13-2008, 08:54 PM   #28
MVP

Cabke's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Yeah, I'm starting to feel that this roster crash isn't as prevalent as originally thought. It seems like if you use CDJ's roster, it is going to crash sure. He tells me he hasn't crashed in 3 days. If you use Patsa's, there is something wrong with his. But a ton of people are posting in these threads that don't have the game declaring it is ruined.
Which is just stupid. I mean, the game is still NCAA Football, even if you don't have named rosters. I hate how people deem this game totaled without even it a chance themselves.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:35 PM   #29
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cma1093
Which is just stupid. I mean, the game is still NCAA Football, even if you don't have named rosters. I hate how people deem this game totaled without even it a chance themselves.

Except there is still other problems that annoy the hell out of people who like to edit rosters...like the Depth Chart reseting....and not being able to change arm build because its broken.

This many things should not be broken year in year out...and some of the attempts to minimize this are just as bad as the people who come on and post "see 2ks Better".

I just hope this patch comes out very...very..soon. This place will explode if this isn't fixed until late Nov

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 07-13-2008, 09:41 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerblue
Dude. No offense, but those are some of the most unrealistic, impossible moves I have ever seen. It looks like the runner is ice skating and everyone on D is trying to run after you. If this is what this game plays like, i'll pass.

Ditto...those moves looks 100% unrealistic. He looked like he was running on ice skates.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:11 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioactiveman
Those may be the most ridiculous two videos I've ever seen....and literally sealed the deal on my not buying the game...seriously, a RB runs five yards up field, turns around and runs back though the same hole behind the line of scrimmage, goes around the end and out runs what looks like robots to the end zone...that was really stupid. I've watched thousands of football games and have NEVER seen anything like that at any level...

Video two had the RB run right through 5 dudes on the sideline while none of the defenders attempted a dive, tackle, trip, fall, grab...nothing... just running like robot guys.

Maybe the AI was set on "idiot" and if you crank it up it may make a difference...but judging from those videos....YUK!!!!!!!!!!
The opponent is FCS East. Pretty much the same as AI on idiot.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2008, 10:14 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 1

Look at Marion Barbers run vs New England last year. Way more ridiculous than that. Things like that do happen in real football, we just seem to forget sometimes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »