Home

**The NCAA 09 Roster Issue Thread**

This is a discussion on **The NCAA 09 Roster Issue Thread** within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2008, 09:21 AM   #49
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Teams are disappearing now...

So there isn't an issue if you don't edit pasta's file? It's really not a big deal then because the ratings on his rosters will be the same as online, and I don't like having roster files that are different for online and offline it.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:27 AM   #50
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

i for one just want the names since i dont follow college football i have no idea who im playing as anyway but i do like having names that go along with the players rather than numbers

how about editing equipment of the players will that effect the roster? dont care about ratings for football, basketball hell any sports game out there...i prefer making them look like their real life counterparts equipment wise..
Old 07-13-2008, 09:29 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesha2000
I may get bashed for saying this but please hold on for a second and listen to the voice of reasoning. There may be a silver lining in this for the future. I don't think we can be too ticked with EA for this particular bug because they do not name the rosters. They simply use QB#9, HB#22, etc, etc...If they do not actually name the rosters, how can they anticipate this type of bug. Now listen, I have been pretty irritated with EA with all of the exclusive deals because I feel like they have fell off. But this situation I may have to give them a pass. The silver lining is maybe from now on, they will give Fairdale, Pasta, and the PS3 editors a copy very early along so that they can check for this in the future.
Question??? So why in the previous years of this franchise this has never happened?? I'm sure they received an early copy that's why these rosters were released as early as they were. On a sidebar (not really), but I saw that FIU's offensive and defensive ratings were zero and their special teams rating was fifteen; but when I went to view their roster all the players were there with their proper ratings.

Favorite Teams:
NBA: New York Knicks
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
MLB: New York Yankees
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2008, 09:29 AM   #52
Rookie

Freezer Boy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoobie
i for one just want the names since i dont follow college football i have no idea who im playing as anyway but i do like having names that go along with the players rather than numbers

how about editing equipment of the players will that effect the roster? dont care about ratings for football, basketball hell any sports game out there...i prefer making them look like their real life counterparts equipment wise..
I don't have the game yet so I don't know for sure, but from what I'm hearing any kind of roster editing eventually causes the game to freeze. So you may be able to get away with a small amount of equipment editing before the game freezes.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:36 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 8

I just want to know where "OMT" is on this thread. Is he going to respond?

I'm really starting to hate the fact that I wasted gas to get this early, when I could have just waited until the patch was released and saved money. Oh well, count it as a learning experience.

Here's a thought. What if this was purposely done just to mess with people who got the game early, but it's fixed on released day? I know that sounds crazy, but I need to give myself some kind of silver lining, right?
Old 07-13-2008, 09:42 AM   #54
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSU ILLEST

I'm really starting to hate the fact that I wasted gas to get this early, when I could have just waited until the patch was released and saved money. Oh well, count it as a learning experience.

Here's a thought. What if this was purposely done just to mess with people who got the game early, but it's fixed on released day? I know that sounds crazy, but I need to give myself some kind of silver lining, right?
Keep dreaming. This is a major problem that they didn't see coming. Just imagine the madness that will break out on Tuesday.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:42 AM   #55
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSU ILLEST
Adam has responded to this topic. He has responded in the roster forums, his Q&A thread, and in the thread that asks if the problem is linked to the 2.40 firmware update for PS3 users. Just because he hasn't responded in this particular thread doesn't mean that he isn't aware, concerned, or trying to figure out whats causing the problem and how to fix it.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2008, 09:42 AM   #56
Rookie

o 99 PROBL3MS o's Arena

OVR: 7

These guys never cease to amaze me!!! NCAA 09 is nothing more than just another unfinished product pushed out early trying to meet a deadline so they can get top dollar......but seriouslyl....It seems like NCAA and Madden are going in totally different directions these days. One is aimed at becoming the best sports title out there while the other is becoming a joke. I understand this may not be a big deal to many people.

For blue-collar workers as myself, spending $70 on this game is a big deal to me. I always use rosters and if my game is going to crash because I've uploaded a roster that is a big issue. Hope this thing gets worked out. I can't believe some guys are defending this. This is totally unacceptable.

Last edited by o 99 PROBL3MS o; 07-13-2008 at 09:49 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »