Home

So the bottomline is?

This is a discussion on So the bottomline is? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2008, 07:39 AM   #1
All Star

OVR: 24
So the bottomline is?

I hope the mods allow this because i do think most guys just want to know the bottomline and not sort thru the impressions, adams thread, the 2.4 issue thread, the rosters forum, etc, to piece together an answer. I frankly would like to see something like this done by a mod for each game if there are issues. If someone who knows the answers 100% wants to answer- please do.

360-
1) Pasta Padre has a complete roster set up- This we know is a fact

2) If you edit anyone- the game will freeze or corrupt the file eventually if not right away- This seems to be fact

3) If you don't edit anyone but use Pasta's roster- will it corrupt?- This is one i think most people are interested in as they could play it until patched- i don't know the answer to it.

4) Will the game work without named rosters?- i don't know if the issues are only roster related- based on not hearing any issues from the Abners articles- i assume your safe with unnamed rosters.

5) Online- I haven't heard of issues with online using pasta's or unnamed rosters yet.

PS3
As far as i know- Its the same answers as the 360 but they do not have a Pasta Padre option.

DT Linder claims to have working rosters for both- i am not sure how or if i believe that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2008, 07:55 AM   #2
KOL
Charmer

KOL's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: So the bottomline is?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
I hope the mods allow this because i do think most guys just want to know the bottomline and not sort thru the impressions, adams thread, the 2.4 issue thread, the rosters forum, etc, to piece together an answer. I frankly would like to see something like this done by a mod for each game if there are issues. If someone who knows the answers 100% wants to answer- please do.

360-
1) Pasta Padre has a complete roster set up- This we know is a fact

2) If you edit anyone- the game will freeze or corrupt the file eventually if not right away- This seems to be fact

3) If you don't edit anyone but use Pasta's roster- will it corrupt?- This is one i think most people are interested in as they could play it until patched- i don't know the answer to it.

4) Will the game work without named rosters?- i don't know if the issues are only roster related- based on not hearing any issues from the Abners articles- i assume your safe with unnamed rosters.

5) Online- I haven't heard of issues with online using pasta's or unnamed rosters yet.

PS3
As far as i know- Its the same answers as the 360 but they do not have a Pasta Padre option.

DT Linder claims to have working rosters for both- i am not sure how or if i believe that.

I know this sounds crazy but I think if we stopped editing rosters until EA patched it up it would be fine. I know some people cant live without rosters but in theory if its going to make the game better then why not wait.
I dont want to edit rosters i just want to play
Old 07-13-2008, 08:38 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 8

I'm glad someone made a thread like this, and I too hope a mod does not lock it. I've been on 4 other sites, all with the same type of impression/glitch threads, and it's hard to get a definitive read on things.

Numbers 3 and 4 are my two biggest questions at this point. I'm one of the few who could play without named rosters in my dynasty.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:19 AM   #4
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

This series isn't starting to get stale to you guys yet? Nevermind.....
Old 07-13-2008, 09:48 AM   #5
Rookie

Freezer Boy's Arena

OVR: 11

I definitely want to know if I can just play with Pasta's rosters without editing them and not have it corrupt. Even though I love to edit rosters I could deal with it if it was the only way, at least until the patch comes out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2008, 10:01 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezer Boy
I definitely want to know if I can just play with Pasta's rosters without editing them and not have it corrupt. Even though I love to edit rosters I could deal with it if it was the only way, at least until the patch comes out.
Same here. If anyone who has been playing the game with Pasta's rosters can confirm there is no "decay" in the data then i'll feel a bit better. I feel very sorry for you guys having to struggle so much trying to get these rosters done.

awful demo - Lonnie1892
Quote:
Me no like game. Graphics make Lonnie puke. Lonnie no play NCAA no more. NCAA=suck. Lonnie=not suck. - AuburnAlumni
Old 07-13-2008, 11:03 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 8

Or if someone who does not have XBL, thus no named rosters, can confirm that they are /are not having any freezes or crashes.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:21 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 24

I have downloaded Pasta's rosters and edited one player. No freezing. I've played 2 play now games with zero problems.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »