Home

PS2 Impressions?

This is a discussion on PS2 Impressions? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2008, 10:18 PM   #9
THE Standard in CFB

Bamafan3723's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: PS2 Impressions?

So far the PS2 version seems to be pretty good, judging by that link atleast. I don't have a PS3 and didn't get 08, stayed with 07, so I might pick this up and see how it is.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:26 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by koebner
Here's the link to some impressions of the PS2 version;
http://www.ncaastrategies.com/utopia...ad.php?t=59085
hehe...I tried to hit that link and it's getting slammed so they turned it off to guests...I think the OS faithful are shutting them down....
Old 07-14-2008, 10:43 PM   #11
MVP

cch99's Arena

I have to say that I loved 08 ps2 version and I found roster files so it all worked well.

I read the pursuit angles are fixed so to me the only other thing that needed to be adjusted was to get the penalty sliders to actually do something although i am guessing that nothing was done with it.

The School Issue never really bothered me and I never noticed the motion glitch

But I am still thinking about picking it up because even though the sliders didn't work the amount of holding calls actually led to my having a normal amount of penalties and caused me to use higher awareness guys over just blocking ratings.

Other than that my biggest issue was ease of returns with speed guys. Playing with PSU and Derrick Williams was crazy. I started not being able to return kicks.

No matter what though it was fun. Until the PS3 version adds more camera angles I am sticking with the PS2 and if it doesn't well once the PS2 verison is killed I guess I am done with video football. Especially if the new action cam doesn't help with Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2008, 11:10 PM   #12
Rookie

usmgoldeneagles's Arena

OVR: 2

I wish someone else would say the pursuit angles were fixed. I'm not saying that guy is wrong, I just wish some more people would confirm it before I pay $40.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:20 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmgoldeneagles
I wish someone else would say the pursuit angles were fixed. I'm not saying that guy is wrong, I just wish some more people would confirm it before I pay $40.
guy at ncaastrat did say they were alot better.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:49 PM   #14
Rookie

usmgoldeneagles's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by leetdemon
guy at ncaastrat did say they were alot better.
I know, but I wish some other people would say the same thing. That guy's idea of good pursuit angles might be different from mine.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:03 AM   #15
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

OVR: 15

what about the sim engine?

i'm thinking of just playing 2006 this year, that's prob my fav. version so far. i have the 2005, 2006, and 2007 season roster files converted and i'm just waiting on this year's roster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2008, 12:26 AM   #16
THE Standard in CFB

Bamafan3723's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonWolf
what about the sim engine?

i'm thinking of just playing 2006 this year, that's prob my fav. version so far. i have the 2005, 2006, and 2007 season roster files converted and i'm just waiting on this year's roster.
If you click on that link and go to the NCAA 09 Q and A Forum, a guy named IronDragon has simmed 3 years in dynasty and posted score, stats, probation, team records, and award winners for each year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »