Home

My NCAA Football 09 Review

This is a discussion on My NCAA Football 09 Review within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 04:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
My NCAA Football 09 Review

Ok I went to Dale's CD store last night and picked it up. Anyway, NCAA 09 is an outstanding game and can be ranked as one of the best NCAA football games ever made.

THIS ONLY PART OF THE FULL REVIEW THAT I WILL DO WEDNESDAY.

Graphics 8.5/10

This is one of the best looking football games ever. The lighting is a little above avergae, but the animations are smooth and flawless. With the new juking sytsem, I thought the running game would be choppy, but that is not the case. Another underappreciated detail in NCAA is player scale. The size of the player compared to the feild is great. You can clearly see the difference from a lineman and a quaterback. Graphics are one of NCAA's strong points.

Gameplay 9/10

The gameplay is simply fun. You will have fun playing this game. When I played my first game last night, I had the feeling of enjoyment I had when I played Madden 05, Madden 04, and NCAA 04. It felt great. I might get laughed at, but i think NCAA 09 has the best control scheme in a football game ever. Well, the 360 version. Everything feels comftorable. The only questionable thing is EA deciding to map the tight end icon to RB instead of LB. Other than that everything feels comftorable and natural. Running with a quaterback feels like it should. You are able to scramble while looking down the feild at the sametime.

Blocking has seen a major improvement in gameplay also. You can actually see the OL and DL scuffle once the ball is snapped. Not only that, but blockers actually think. They progress to different defenders and understand the situation at hand. Well, it seems. Blocking is a huge factor, because it can make or break a play.

I also like the fact that each player feels different. Last year, there was a little of this, but now the rating sytsem has made this a huge factor. You can tell the difference between Chris Wells and Joe Mcknight. Playing to your players advantages definately pays off.

Online 9/10

Well, Online might be my favorite aspect of the game aside from the fun factor. Online Dynasties are organized and are addictive. I love dynasty mode. Being able to control your team and make decisions to determine your team's fate along with recruiting has always been fun to me. Now combine that with the abibility to play with friends, and you get a great experience. I actually think I will like this feature more than I like leagues. I like the competiveness. You have many user controlled teams (16 at most I believe) trying to all get that number one spot. Recruiting is also better with friends. Having user controlled teams able to compete to get a player is great. This mode adds lots of longevity to the game.

Fun Factor 10/10 - One of the funnest footbal games in years.

Longevity 9/10 - Online Dynasty and Dynasty adds time under this title's belt.

Overall 9.1

Great game, and a huge step in the right direction.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2008, 05:38 PM   #2
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58
Re: My NCAA Football 09 Review

Impressions thread.

Locked.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »