Home

NCAA Football 09 (360) Review

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 09 (360) Review within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2008, 12:40 AM   #89
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34
this is a great game to me. it's great.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:47 PM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 1
I actually miss one of the coolest features of 08'.....how stadium lighting changes as you get deeper into the game. 08 had (has ) a great feel to it.

Why did Ea take it out this year??????????
Old 07-18-2008, 05:12 PM   #91
Rookie

OVR: 0
People who have an issue with the CPU not throwing deep know nothing about modern college offenses. As a former college QB I can tell you that the reason for this "glitch" is that most college QBs don't throw deep unless a guy is ridiculously open. College QBs are not pros and don't have the same arm strength you'll see in Madden, even if the ratings in the game may give them the ability. College offenses are geared towards moving the chains, not going deep 10 times a game. If you watch, pass happy college offenses like Texas Tech and Hawaii may wrack up the yards, but they do it on slants and short crossing routes that use picks by the other recievers to create a big play. Out of the 50 or 60 passes a game Colt Brennan threw last year maybe 3 or 4 were deep balls and most of those were not completed. A short passing game that completes at 70% is far more successful and the CPU is merely taking advantage of this. I you pay attention to the NFL, Tom Brady's most successful years were years where he has thrown alot of short passes mixed with one or two big throws a game. Just because a video gamer who has never played QB in a real game in his life may throw the ball deep 20 times and score 7 touchdowns doesn't mean it's worth dropping your completion percentage to 35% for the 7 TDs, because if your offense fails that much you won't get that chance for 7 tds in one game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2008, 05:30 PM   #92
Banned

OVR: 30
Re: NCAA Football 09 (360) Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennyb14
People who have an issue with the CPU not throwing deep know nothing about modern college offenses.
There's an interesting story about a pot and a kettle. You may want to look it up.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:15 PM   #93
Banned

OVR: 7
The review does not recognize that some of animations are still not fluid which is general problem with EA's football games. Also, presentation its a shame that the sideline characters look bad and not lively enough.
Old 07-19-2008, 05:18 PM   #94
Rookie

OVR: 0
playing this game the first time was amazing and i thought it was gunna be the best game ever but i realiized that if you know how to become the reciever and you are fsu online you can just throw it up to greg carr 6"5 reciever and you will pound all the bad kids who dont know how to control a d'back. its a good game but they need to fix that
Old 07-19-2008, 09:23 PM   #95
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33

With no competition, and a fan-base that continually rewards EA by purchasing several million copies per year--including tons of people who willingly purchase what they admit to be a mediocre product--EA has no reason to stop charging people full price for their marginal, yearly updates to what has become a sagging, wrinkly football engine that gets prettied up once a year with little more than some shiny makeup and lip gloss.

I have seen a lot of this thrown out around these parts and it's a bit confusing to me. Competition does not always equate to better games. If I recall we went through a couple generations of consoles where the NCAA License was open to everyone. What games really pushed the Bill Walsh/NCAA series throughout this era? Can someone toss me a list of the quality non-EA NCAA football games?

The Genesis Sega College games were average at best.
The early Gamebreakers were tolerable but seem to get progressively worse over the years.
The Visual Concepts 2K College game? That was a winner.

Just because you have "competition" does not always mean you get "competition."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2008, 10:09 PM   #96
All Star

OVR: 33

I see a few cpu deep passes in my game. But thats probably because i play cover 1 and usually cover 0.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »