Home

ESPN CLASSICS GAME THREAD

This is a discussion on ESPN CLASSICS GAME THREAD within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2008, 09:20 AM   #1
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44
ESPN CLASSICS GAME THREAD

This thread is for people to describe their game, list their highest points. Trying to describe a game in impressions is difficult, this will give you a forum to do so, and please keep it on topic in regards to it's original intentions.

Enjoy!

I stickied this Admins, if thats an issue, please undo.

Last edited by bluengold34_OS; 07-15-2008 at 10:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2008, 10:32 AM   #2
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

Re: ESPN CLASSICS GAME THREAD

Notre Dame vs Michigan

I was ND playing at Michgan( Big House ) I score first on 17 yd td from Clausen to Kamara, Michigan comes right back and ties it up on a 8 yd td strike from Threet to Mattews in the corner of the endzone. Michigan Strikes right back after I fumble the kickoff return on a nasty hit that injured my return guy. They punch the ball in with 5 seconds to go on a run up the middle by Minor to take a 14-7 lead.

Second half starts and I bust a long run on the outside by Aldridge for 38 yards, I then hit West on a Post pattern and was tackled on the 6 yard line. 2 plays later, Clausen "sneaks" it into the endzone to tie the game up 14 all. Michigan goes up 21-14 as once again, Threet and Matthews hook up for in the endzone for the second time on a play action pass that had my whole defense rushing the gut, and left Matthews all alone in the endzone for a little dink in the corner by Threet.

I get the ball back with 5:40 on the clock and can't do anything on offense and am forced to punt it away. Michigan gets the ball back and seems to be moving the ball methodically down the field, and then on a little out pattern, Walls (ND) steps in and interecepts the ball and it is a pick6 my friends as he returns it to the house and the Big House suddenly turns into the quiet house.

Michigan gets the ball back and puts together a drive that I just didn't have an answer for, but with 2:15 to go in the game, Threet throws another INT in the endzone no less. I get the ball back with a little over 2 mintues to go, a put a solid drive that takes me down to the Michigan 7 yard line. There is 4 seconds on the clock and I call the my Kicker on the field, and Michigan calls a timeout to "ice" him(pretty cool feature) The camera lowers and the Kicking gauge is covered in ice, and my kick sails through the air and bounces off the upright.

As we enter overtime, both teams exchange td's in the first OT, and then do the exact same thing in the 2nd OT. Michigan gets the ball first and on the 3rd play, Minor fumbles on a jarring blast and ND recovers. ND then gets the ball at the 25 of Michigan, after a short pass across the middle, I called an audible at the 13 after seeing the defense they put on the field. I picked a run to the outside as I see they have weak coverage on the right side of the field, Aldridge bust through one tackle and jumps over the goal line to give ND the win

Final score:

ND 41
Mich 35
3OT's

Classics score - 1083
Truly one of the best games I have ever had on any of the NCAA games(any version) and to have it so early on, is a very good sign.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:43 AM   #3
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

Sounds like a great game indeed.

For real though, why is this stickied?

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 07-15-2008, 10:45 AM   #4
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Probably to eliminate the number of threads that start like "OMG I JUST HAD THE MOST AMAZING GAME EVER!"
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 07-15-2008, 10:48 AM   #5
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Sounds like a great game indeed.

Well I wanted people to have a thread to post their best games and not have multiple threads about a bunch of great games....maybe a bad idea. Seemed like a good one at the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2008, 10:51 AM   #6
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
Probably to eliminate the number of threads that start like "OMG I JUST HAD THE MOST AMAZING GAME EVER!"
Exactly, every year NCAA gets cluttered up with these, and now hopefully people they will just post them in here and help keep the OMG threads to a minimum...its not a personal thread for me(lol)I just posted first because I had this great game, but didn't feel the need to have multiple threads being started as people start to get the game and want to post.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:46 AM   #7
Rookie

DiabloRobotico34's Arena

OVR: 1

I think it's a great thread.

I just picked up the game and hopefully I will have a great game that I can post about.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:02 PM   #8
MVP

CcAaRrSsOoNn3's Arena

OVR: 26

Me [ Mizzou ] vs. [ Ohio State ]

My very first game after opening up 09'. He begins to pound the rock with Beanie Wells and quickly goes up 7-0. After a forced punt and a deep pass to Robiskie he find himself up 14-0 with about 2 minutes in the first left.

I finally get the Offense rolling. A touchdown on an out route from Daniel to Maclin. When he gets the ball back on third down, he forces a pass to Hartline. I pick the pass off with Moore. I then score a field goal. Games was 14-10. Before the half he gets a garbage touchdown to Robiskie making it 21-10.

I fight back to make the game 28-24. I get back on the board with another Maclin touchdown.

I get the ball back with about 2 minutes left on a pick.

Maclin beats Jenkins to go up 31-24 with a little over :30 seconds. On the ensuing drive Beanie Wells squirts out of the hole for a 77 yard run. Making it 35-31.

On my very first play, he for some unforseen reason left Jenkins on one one with Maclin. On a post corner with no safety help, Maclin was gone.

Final score, 38-35 Mizzou.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »