Home

Exactly what makes passing accuracy "realistic"

This is a discussion on Exactly what makes passing accuracy "realistic" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2008, 04:12 PM   #17
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Exactly what makes passing accuracy "realistic"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobolini
I am curious also if a slider fix is in order? If that's all it is then I see no sense in making a big deal out of this. Don't have the game but any of you guys tried tweaking?
Many things/settings have been tried. Nothing has worked on a consistent basis.

My fear is that they "over"fix the problem. If the CPU QB accuracy goes down are we going to have an INT fest like last year? I honestly feel that the way the logic is programmed they can't have incomplete passes. I really hope I'm wrong.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:19 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

What's funny is, I think it was NCAA 05 that it the opposite. The CPU would struggle for 50% accuracy. It was tough on humans too.

Old 07-15-2008, 04:33 PM   #19
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

From what I've read on this year's game, the QB% not only needs to be fixed in game, but also for the simmed games in dynasty mode.

I read a blog that showed absurb QB ratings and TD/INT ratios for the top 50 QBs in the nation in dynasty mode.

Slider fix, shmider fix.

I think it's been this way since 06 too. I wish they'd tone it down.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:33 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tate09
they need to implement some sort of overthrow/underthrow logic for QBs. QB's should be programmed to make an effort to avoid INTs but not always throw a catchable ball to the WR.

in NCAA for as long as i can remember 99% of incompletions are drops, picks or swats.

IRL the #1 pass defense in the nation, ohio state, had the following breakdown out of every passing attempt by their opponents.

attempts: 406
completions: 216 (leaving 190 incompletions)
INTs: 11 (5% of all incompletions)
PBUs: 40 (18% of all incompletions)

there is no stat for drops but assumming 2 drops per game (which is probably high) that still only accounts for 77 incompletions meaning 140 passes (65% of all incompletions) fell harmlessly incomplete. this averages out to roughly 11 a game.

if you look at the most average pass defense in the nation, oklahoma, 59th rated pass defense, you get the following.

194 incompletions
19 picks (10%)
42 PBU (22%
assumed drops 28 (14%)

you still have 105 passes (54%) falling harmlessly incomplete.
These numbers can not be overlooked by EA. Please make your games realistic by trying to duplicate real life stats. I hope Ian takes a look at this for Madden. I strive for the day where passes aren't all perfect accuracy. If they implement this, then the great QBs will be even better separated than the mediocre ones, which would be great.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:47 PM   #21
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
What's funny is, I think it was NCAA 05 that it the opposite. The CPU would struggle for 50% accuracy. It was tough on humans too.
That was the year with all the dropped passes I believe. That's probably the only way they can fix the problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2008, 04:48 PM   #22
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Those of you saying this is not an issue, I'll say it again, IT DOES NOT OCCUR IN EVERY GAME. But the fact that it does occur period and can occur whenever is not acceptable. I've had games where the CPU complete 46%, and other games against horrible teams where the CPU used two QB's and both of them were right at 80% completion.

When it starts happening to you, and you can't do anything about it, then you'll see what all of us are talking about. Yes QB's get on a hot streak in real life, but not like that.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:53 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Word on that. In 08 and 09, both the computer and humans are usually something like 18/25 with the incompletions being 70% break ups and 30% picks. In 05 the passing would be 5/18 with 3 of the 5 catches being touchdowns.

Quote:
Have you guys try messing with the QB accuracy sliders?
Lowering the accuracy sliders just makes every pass an interception. The best way to fix the stats is dropping WR Catching to 0, which causes a fair amount of drops, but the incompletions are all swats, picks, or drops.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:14 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 4

I've played about five games and I'm not seeing the super high completion percentages. I set Human and CPU QB Accuracy to 40, lowered CPU Pass Blk to 40, Increased CPU RB Ability to 60 and Run Blk to 90, Knkdwns to 80 for both, Int 30 for both, and lowered break block for both a bit. My last game was UGA at USC (me) and I won 29-14. Here are the QB stats:

Stafford 19-31 for 208 yds 2 TDs, 4 Ints (2 late Ints attempting a comeback)

Sanchez 17-31 for 157 yds 1 TD, 1 Int

USC's defense sacked Stafford once, but forced many bad throws with pressure. The CPU sacked me about 3 or 4 times, however, I was under pressure a lot more times. Two evenly matched teams with fairly reasonable QB stats.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »