Home

To producers: let me show you REAL strafe catching so you see how it affects ncaa 09

This is a discussion on To producers: let me show you REAL strafe catching so you see how it affects ncaa 09 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 12:34 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
To producers: let me show you REAL strafe catching so you see how it affects ncaa 09

send me a PM so i can give you my gamertag and show you exactly all the exploitable strafe catches, how to do them, so you can see how impossible it is to stop without triple coverage. this ruins the realism of the game for anyone whos a victim of it. if you guys can simply patch this the game will be damn near perfect, but with it can be a very BAD experience. i am assuming you have never been exposed by these type of exploits but i will be glad to shed the light on it for you for the sake of this game and the people who play it and dont feel like getting destroyed online by someone with stick skills.

Last edited by kardashian; 07-16-2008 at 12:47 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 06:09 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: To producers: let me show you REAL strafe catching so you see how it affects ncaa

bump
Old 07-16-2008, 06:12 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 16
Re: To producers: let me show you REAL strafe catching so you see how it affects ncaa

^lol

2K sports...the only place where such things as errors can be "over looked" while making a baseball game.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:48 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick02
^lol
You laugh but it isn't funny. I agree with him, I just don't have time at the moment because I'm working on a chapter. The Rocket catching and jetpacking in this game is sickly ridiculous and if someone really knows how to do you all you can do is stand there. As I posted in the other thread I was doing it in practice last night and the DB would keep running up the field about 5 yards or so and would not turn around until I caught the ball. What is that? You are supposed to be playing the damn WR. I'm not saying they should be perfect, but what impact do DB ratings have when all of them do the same damn thing against this?
Old 07-16-2008, 07:01 PM   #5
Rookie

^Thank you... not everyone plays in leagues with "rules".. etc.. Some people like to play in the lobby and in tournaments competitively and try to be the best at the game with or without "league rules". I'm not complaining about it as in that I can't stop it.. it's just sad that I cant run cover 2 without manning up 2 people to a certain WR, or that I can't blitz without still trying to triple both flanking WR's if their tall. All I am saying is I know this can be fixed and it will force the ultimate realism to the game play aspect of this. I've said it several times and I'll say it again.. if EA would ever grant me the opportunity to play these football games in BETA stages I would guarantee 10/10 fully realistic gameplay because I am exposed to and learned how to do everything that is unrealistically exploitable. These games are my life and I hate to see stuff end up this way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 10:13 PM   #6
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

how do you stop it?
Old 07-16-2008, 10:55 PM   #7
Rookie

o 99 PROBL3MS o's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
how do you stop it?
You don't....you do it back. I think strafe catching is the gayest thing in the world. I mean where did the idea for this come from? The thing is we all strafe catch for interceptions on defense but the WR doesn't keeping running up field 5 yards like the idiotic DB's do.

If they could some how program the defensive backs to play the ball more like a WR maybe that would fix the problem. I really hate strafe catching/rocket catching but if someone does it to me, I do it to them. I'm going to continue that until EA comes up with a solution. I would rather play football but if its a glitch fest they want, its a glitch fest they will get.

I hope we get this thing ironed out before Madden 09 drops. (But I doubt we will ). But the only choice u really have now is to fight fire with fire or as OP said, use triple/double coverage and pray for a pass breakup. Its a crying shame when my 95OVR CB can't cover my opponents 72OVR WR because he is 6'4. Its down right ridiculous. It really renders CB ratings useless when your opponent strafe catches all game. It doesn't matter if you've got Champ Bailey covering. You are rendered helpless to the strafe catch.

Last edited by o 99 PROBL3MS o; 07-16-2008 at 10:59 PM.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:43 AM   #8
Rookie

its official... this has spread like wildfire and every high level ranked match in ncaa 09 is a strafe fest... its not about who can mix in the best zone blitzing scheme.. its about who can triple the flankers, hope for drops, try to guard the flats. if this is in madden i will become psychotic. i mean.. i can do it... but id rather annihilate people if the game was realistic with my knowledge other then whoever can strafe catch more wins. but its whatever. but like i said... EA.. im here... if you would ever so kindly would allow me to be an ea community leader, not only do i own a website with over 16k members for strictly madden; but i would show you all the glitches and exploits that release year after year

simply pm me
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »