Home

The sliders that are reversed are:

This is a discussion on The sliders that are reversed are: within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2008, 01:33 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: The sliders that are reversed are:

I just played a half, so TIFWIW....

but there is SOME truth to this.

I set it up so that, according to the original poster, the CPU pass block should be 0 and their run blocking should be 100 and running ability should be 100.

I saw a definite IMPROVED pass rush from my team. Several sacks when I had been seeing none. It's easy to tell when the CPU feels the pressure because they pull the ball down very quickly. I probably saw this five or six times, in one half.

So I think that it is quite possible that CPU RBA=CPU PB

However, when I set my RB and RBA at 100 looking for improved CPU rush game, I found that my ground game just got incredible. Tough to tell with the CPUs....I need to play a run heavy team to test that. Even if HUM RB and RBA do control the CPUs, I think it also controls the HUMs, just like I believe the QB Acc goes both ways

EDIT: by the way, I had CPU RB at 0 in order to attempt to make my RBA poor, but it did not do that. I also had CPU PB at 100 in order to attempt to make my RB 0, but it did not work either. With CPU PB at 100, their PB did get worse however with CPU RBA at 0 as well.....I know, its confusing, but it goes with what the OP said

Last edited by NC State-31 UNC-27; 07-16-2008 at 01:40 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 01:34 AM   #26
MVP

BoomerSooner11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjv31
I wanna see if the helps the robo qb issues, but I have no clue what this stuff means

Can someone just tell us what sliders to set where to achieve this fix?
Heck I wanna know too...cause I don't know what to do anymore with all these theories,lol.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:34 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580
How a billion dollar company like Electronic Arts can ship a game with these problems just 100% baffles me.
That may be why they have these kind of problems. The bigger you get, the more inefficient. You have a huge team, and stuff gets missed.

I agree this is inexcusable if true, though. They know everyone uses sliders, and it's not too hard to test them to make sure they are correct. I disagree with a lot of what people say here, but something like this would just be a complete ****up.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:34 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580
but with EA Sports I mean my God how much of this do we have to put up with before enough is enough?
If there's any truth behind this guys claims, consider it my breaking point.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:37 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

If this is true, what else is wrong? Did anyone actually test the game?

This would very simple to code, don't know how consoles are coded, but you basically have your main code running the game and then you have the slider variables stored in memory and those are then used in the game as a type of multiplier for what would normally happen.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:37 AM   #30
Rookie

xxxAir23xxx's Arena

OVR: 1

wow!!!! if this is true just wow...i still love this game though

Old 07-16-2008, 01:37 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 6

This is completely mind blowing. I picked up the game today, and it is really an excellent football game. HOWEVER, there are serious issues with the roster editing, the CPU deep ball and now this? I'm a big slider fan, as I think the game is rarely tuned for advanced or "sim" players. I just can't get my head around how a company as big as EA could ship out a game with so many OBVIOUS errors. Honestly, have any of the beta testers ever played NCAA before? I've played 4 games so far, and have not seen ONE deep ball by the CPU, and i'm talking anything thrown farther than 15 yards. Even when I have the CPU 3rd and 20+ they will still dink me underneath.

Sorry that turned into a bit of an overall rant, but great job for finding this. I don't really buy into a lot of the issues many gamers are having with pass rush, kickoff coverage (punt is horrible) ect.. but this is hard facts, just try it yourself...

My question is, are the sliders correct in practice mode? I ask this because I was in practice mode screwing around and I lowered HUM QB ACC to 0 and Tebow couldn't throw it 20 yards...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 01:40 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 13

I saw a few deep balls (25-30 yarders) in the games I played today.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »