Home

NCAA 09 Recruiting Tips

This is a discussion on NCAA 09 Recruiting Tips within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2008, 10:53 PM   #9
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA 09 Recruiting Tips

Anyone have anythoughts about whether it is better for a prosepect to visit early or late?

I have been using quick call and got the top rated QB in the nation (only a 4 star #46 prospect ovr) to commit to USF and have 2 highly interested 4 stars and would say about 15 3 stars who have me at number one
Old 07-16-2008, 10:56 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGFOOT999
Anyone have anythoughts about whether it is better for a prosepect to visit early or late?

I have been using quick call and got the top rated QB in the nation (only a 4 star #46 prospect ovr) to commit to USF and have 2 highly interested 4 stars and would say about 15 3 stars who have me at number one
I think it's best to do it as soon as you have the best pitches to use and an upcoming rivalry game. If you don't have a rivalry game, then a top-15 game.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:06 AM   #11
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custom36
I think it's best to do it as soon as you have the best pitches to use and an upcoming rivalry game. If you don't have a rivalry game, then a top-15 game.

Unfortunately USF's only rival is UCF (Even though I consider WVU a rival) an the big east schedule is typically lacking top 15 games... So far I have been doing visits ASAP however a few times (including my 2nd best prospect) If you go early you are rated first then later when another team is visited they jump ahead of you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2008, 02:25 AM   #12
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

dont try and go out and get a million 4-5 * recruits. its like they know what # they are on your list, and they dont like being low.

also, dont just sit there and toy with the pitch, trying too sell all the time.

look at my dynasty thead (LSU) andyou'll see how much i screwed up, haveing only 5 commits before off-season

@AdamdotH
Old 07-18-2008, 06:48 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 33

Bumping this up to the top
Old 07-18-2008, 07:40 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

I played as OU, and in my first season, I had 8 five star recruits and 6 four star recruits. I would do regular calls to unlock pitches so I would know what to show them for a visit, and once they are interested enough, I just maintain it by using quick call every week. For my major ones, I'll give them 40-60 minutes if I really want them. For the most part, if there is a player that I need, I will offer a scholarship in week one.

So far, in the second week of my second season, I already have 4 five star recruits that have me as their number one school. I really like the recruiting set up in this game, I find it much easier to use than college hoops.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:56 AM   #15
Pro

blLLD0's Arena

anther tip i would offer is when it says "Ready" for a recruit to schedule a visit with you usually they will tell you one of their Very high or Most important factors. When a recruit is ready manually go in and pick schedule a visit. at the top he will say something like "Coach i really would like to see some of the tailgating party at Purdue (my school, awesome tailgating!)"

Now you know that Fan Base is one of his top decision making factors. Before you select a date go in and sell him on the corresponding pitch and boom his interest will go up. Then you can go back and schedule a visit however far in advance depending on how many top factors you have unlocked.

Good luck on the recruiting trails!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2008, 01:02 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 4

Does anyone know how the "talk to prospect" is supposed to work. I usually unlock a prospect's "most" pretty quickly, am I just supposed to keep working that until ball head is all teeth? Do I have to wait until "Pitch Completed" shows up? Can/Should I "cancel" out of a hard sell once ball head is happy? I've got 4 ***** recruits committed but no other schmo wants to sign up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »