Home

Defense Is A Disgrace! WHY Are These Corners CONSTANTLY Giving Up The Inside?????

This is a discussion on Defense Is A Disgrace! WHY Are These Corners CONSTANTLY Giving Up The Inside????? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2008, 03:53 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Defense Is A Disgrace! WHY Are These Corners CONSTANTLY Giving Up The Inside?????

Most times when you dbl a wr its for over the top help and then you would play on the inside shoulder. He was saying the db was lining up on the outside shoulder, if thats the case its cuz(in real life) Wr is probably a burner and you try to limit his vertical lines and force over middle so he cant get up to full speed.

every football game over the past 10 years has had poor db coverage, because its probably hard to program a happy medium
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 04:01 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Defense Is A Disgrace! WHY Are These Corners CONSTANTLY Giving Up The Inside?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Hm. Ill give that a shot, and see if that changes the alignment.

I'm not asking for a lot, jsut for a guy to be positioned the way he is supposed to be. Im about to fire up anothr game and ill see if that makes a difference
I understand what you are saying now aswell sport. I was under the impression you were just having a hard time stopping the offense.

The question about the shading, is a good question. I have noticed it also. I make adjustments of my backers to counter the mispostion of the CB. But I don't think it is every play they line up outside shoulder but I could be wrong.

OHHHH and just for awarness I play as the FS or SS. So me helping on pass coverage and reading run is also helped by my awarness and not the CPU AI
Old 07-16-2008, 04:12 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoneymill
Most times when you dbl a wr its for over the top help and then you would play on the inside shoulder. He was saying the db was lining up on the outside shoulder, if thats the case its cuz(in real life) Wr is probably a burner and you try to limit his vertical lines and force over middle so he cant get up to full speed.

every football game over the past 10 years has had poor db coverage, because its probably hard to program a happy medium

Alright, seeing some progress..on heisman difficulty after about 1 qtr and a half, the CPU is a reasonable 57% and I actually managed to flush him in the pocket and get a coverage sack or two.

Pressing the CB forward in man coverage does get rid of that misalignment problem, although it irks me that I have to play press coverage in order to get a man on man alignment to function properly.

What I have been doing from there, is taking the FS and making a bee-line to the inside when I read pass.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:13 PM   #28
Banned

ya, cuz when you press, you gotta make sure you got over the top help just in case.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:16 PM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucepoppi17
The Hit Stick is nasty this year! It might be used to often. I've knocked guys out on every play pretty much.
its exactly the same as last year for me.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:16 PM   #30
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Yeah it can certianly be a weapon. ALso my last 2 games I've held the CPU in the 50% range and 60% range. 09 is NOT you fathers NCAA. The ratings matter a ton more this year. So if you have a player not suited for M2M then I'd suggest limiting the M2M plays for him etc... I love playing D now as you feel like you're actually using strategy etc.. Gone , it seem, the days of picking whatever play you want and it succeded better than 50% of the time. Alsy using proper Safety shades etc come into play. Is it perfect? No and there are some areas (DL for one) that need addressed but other than that it's hella fun.
Agreed. I discovered this last night. Although the CPU still threw like 80% against me, in the I was able to get my hands on a few more passes, pick off a couple. And in general just be there to make the immediate tackle, as well as sack the QB.

It would still help if the defenders were a little faster though.

If real strategy met with increased defender speed, this game would be off the charts!
Old 07-16-2008, 05:05 PM   #31
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti Honor
I was referring to the CPU playing ******** defense when I'm on offense. Meaning, I can score at will. Am I supposed to switch over to the CPU team every time I'm on offense? Because the sliders sure as hell don't work. Is there a difficulty mode that I'm not seeing, that will help resolve this issue?

Otherwise, the kid is right - the defense in this game is downright awful. I'm not concerned about MY defense.. As far as I'm concerned, the CPU can throw for 95%.. It's the only way they can stay close.
Maybe you're just the greatest player of all-time. The code required to build a game to compete with your obviously awesome skills hasn't been developed yet because we lack the technology to do so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 05:18 PM   #32
Pro

I haven't been able to stop anyone online. I'm playing pretty well, I'm 3-3 online (should be 4-2 but game wouldn't let me call a TO at the end of one game) but I do average at least 300 passing ypg. The passing game has many more options this year, which also makes it harder to stop.

This is the first EA sports football game I will play a lot since the last gen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »