Home

Adjusting Your Strategy for NCAA Football 09

This is a discussion on Adjusting Your Strategy for NCAA Football 09 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2008, 04:23 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Adjusting Your Strategy for NCAA Football 09

Every year, the jump from one version of a game (regardless of company or sport) to the next brings a new set of problems you have to work around and adjust to. This year's version of NCAA Football is no different. Check out some simple adjustments to your game you will have to make to be a better player in NCAA by reading Will Soistman's article, Adjusting Your Strategy for NCAA Football 09.

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / Wii / PSP
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 08:00 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 11
Yeah. I used Ohio State, Florida State, and my Fighting Irish and Crossing Patterns, Deep Ins and Deep Comeback Routes were working with no problem on All America A.I.
I plan to get online tonight to get the feel for online action, but the early impressions of NCAA 09 are spot on, kickers only kick it to 1 yard in the end zone, and special team blockers create lanes for you to operate.
So far I have pasta's roster and I haven't made any roster changes. I also haven't had any problems. I will cease any editing until this patch shows up next week.
I'm heading back to my practice mode. I got a lot of new tricks to try.

....wr screen...golden...cover 4...priceless
show blitz at your own risk...
Old 07-17-2008, 08:38 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 34
Here's the problem that I have with a write up like this.

This game is supposed to be a representation of Football.

Why the, am I essentially locked into playing defensea1 specific way, in order to compensate for the games flaws: Lack of competant man defense, lack of pass rush, the middle of the field being open for the taking against most coverages.

I pride myself on the defensive side of the ball, but what I have found, is that I need to junk the majority of my defensive plays because they have no chance of making an impact on the game.

It's patrol the middle at all times because I do not trust any other option.

That is unacceptable to me.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:35 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3
You don't neccessarily have to run zone as a counter move to in routes. If you adjust your d-line and LBs and can possibly jump the snap, you should be able to get some penetration on the QB and force and early throw. If you're in man coverage and bump the receiver at the line, you should be in good position to make a play on the ball. It may not always work, cuz the o-line has a job to do as wel but at least you' re not sitting back getting picked apart every time. Stunts, blitzes and d-line along with LB shifts 'cause confusion for the o-line which gives your secondfary a chance to see what the WRs are trying to do.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:12 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1
when the other team is in a 3 or 4 wide receiver scheme, a good formation to run is the 3-3-5 or 3-2-6 and player cover 2 or cover 3 or the occasional zone blitz because it closes down the passing lanes better in the middle of the field opposed to when youre in normal nickel or dime which leaves the middle of the field wide open
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2008, 12:19 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 9
What I noticed is the CPU comes out in 4 wide sets way too often. I thought maybe it was just that I was playing teams with a wide style, but even teams I knew played with more I formations, and didn't spread it out often were running out 4 wide at least half the time.

The crossing routes are dead on. Call one on a 3rd and long, you have yourself a first. It's slightly annoying.

The no pass rush thing seems like it can be feast or famine. I went 4 games with only 1 sack (total) and then I had 5 in one game. Doesn't seem like that makes much sense.

The replays and challenges are off again. I've had 3 replays over 6 games. Each replay got the call wrong. In one, a WR ran out of bounds, with two feet standing on the sideline calk, a good foot off the field. He ran back onto the field and was hit for a first down...the initial call of incomplete was reversed AFTER I watched him run out of bounds stand there for a second, then run back onto the field. I can't see how this is still a messed up feature.

It seems like the games physics can't grasp the concept of not having a RB drag you and surge forward for an extra 3 yards before being called down. For the most part if a RB picks up 1 yard it is an automatic 4 yard gain...UNLESS you use the hit stick every time. A regular tackle won't bring the runner down.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:22 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9
Oh, I forgot, it doesn't look like they have enough running plays in stacked formations. I've only played 6 games and used a different team and playbook each time...But in I Form it seems like I only get 4 or 5 running plays...It juswt seems like a low number to me. Even in Ace or Strong/Weak I there are a few running plays and I hate running the same HB Blast 6 times in a game. Maybe I just need to create a playbook....(If I can)
Old 07-18-2008, 03:45 AM   #8
Mercy Extended. John 3:16

texbuk84's Arena

OVR: 34
i wish someone would do a running guide because my running game suck this year but my defense and passing game is second to none.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »