Home

Campus Legend Mode

This is a discussion on Campus Legend Mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2008, 05:56 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Campus Legend Mode

While it's easy to complain about what's wrong with the game, Campus Legend mode is awesome. This is my first time ever playing it. The game actually froze on my first attempt using an existing player, so I went through and created a player. It's such a unique experience because you're playing in a vacuum of sorts. Loved it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2008, 06:09 PM   #2
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Campus Legend Mode

my current one is with a WR, and i found a way to return kickoffs(i'm not the actual KR, one of the blockers in 2nd row, i just run back and steal it), although the camera for it makes it real hard to run back. i did manage to get a KR TD though.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 07-17-2008, 10:01 PM   #3
Pro

I played my first as a cornerback, which is somewhat of a challenge with this year's passing effiency. Going to the state tile game was just flat out awesome. For the first time on next gen, I got that big game feeling. And again, the crowd dynamics this year are much improved. It really standouts out when you play at a neutral site. Half the crowd cheers, half the crowd is sitting on their hands.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:25 AM   #4
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

I'm going as a RB. I simply love this mode. Can't believe there are even complaints saying this mode "Sucks" and you can't run etc.. Yeah with good settings you aren't going to cheese for 200 yards a game so maybe that's it. I'm Devines backup so playtime is limited BUT he was injured for 3 games so I've played a good deal then.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-18-2008, 08:01 AM   #5
MVP

TheVinylHippo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivals
I played my first as a cornerback, which is somewhat of a challenge with this year's passing effiency. Going to the state tile game was just flat out awesome. For the first time on next gen, I got that big game feeling. And again, the crowd dynamics this year are much improved. It really standouts out when you play at a neutral site. Half the crowd cheers, half the crowd is sitting on their hands.
Yeah, I completely agree. I played in a Texas state championship game, was playing as a linebacker. I got an INT for the team and it turned into the game winning drive, and it just felt cool.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2008, 09:40 AM   #6
Pro

[Icy]'s Arena

OVR: 8

It's my favorite mode as i usually don't have the time needed for long dynasties because work and family. I'm really looking forward to start a new CL as soon as i receive the game (probably tomorrow as it's being shipped from Canada to Spain)
Old 07-18-2008, 10:23 AM   #7
MVP

ESPNdeportes's Arena

OVR: 13

So far its fun, but I think its a bit too easy, at least on AA. I started a WR, and at first I struggled. I did not know you could call for the ball by pressing A, so in my HS games never caught more than 5-6 passes. Only had 2 TD's. I was still a 4 star recruit. I signed with Texas Tech, even though I would be 7th string, thinking I could work my way up to be a starter over a few years.

It ended up I only needed around 150 points to become #4 on the depth chart. So by the 3rd game, I was on the field already. Once I learned to call for the ball, it became pretty easy. I ended up with 11 catches for 275 yards and 5 TD's my first game on the field.

The other problem is you improve WAY too fast. I came in with 93 speed, and for one evening activity I went to see the trainer- and I became 96 speed like that. Its too fast to improve.

I'm thinking I'm gonna start on heisman and do a defensive position. I get the feeling QB/RB/WR will be too easy.

PSN: raginrapids
Old 07-18-2008, 10:51 AM   #8
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPNdeportes
So far its fun, but I think its a bit too easy, at least on AA. I started a WR, and at first I struggled. I did not know you could call for the ball by pressing A, so in my HS games never caught more than 5-6 passes. Only had 2 TD's. I was still a 4 star recruit. I signed with Texas Tech, even though I would be 7th string, thinking I could work my way up to be a starter over a few years.

It ended up I only needed around 150 points to become #4 on the depth chart. So by the 3rd game, I was on the field already. Once I learned to call for the ball, it became pretty easy. I ended up with 11 catches for 275 yards and 5 TD's my first game on the field.

The other problem is you improve WAY too fast. I came in with 93 speed, and for one evening activity I went to see the trainer- and I became 96 speed like that. Its too fast to improve.

I'm thinking I'm gonna start on heisman and do a defensive position. I get the feeling QB/RB/WR will be too easy.

You need to set rules up for the Practices and Events to keep it real.
For me:
As a Fresh: 1 Practice and 1 Event a month
As a Soph: 2 Practices and 2 Events a month
As a Jr: 3 Practices and 1 Event a month
As a Sr: 3 Practices and 2 Events.

Might change after first Legend mode if that is still too easy but so far it's cool. I'm in week 7 and I'm still a second string RB about 130-140 points back.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »