Home

Speed rating suggestion for 2010

This is a discussion on Speed rating suggestion for 2010 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2008, 07:41 PM   #1
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19
Speed rating suggestion for 2010

What's up guys? I'm hoping Adam will see this and possibly consider passing it on. The speed ratings and 40 yd. dash times are off. There aren't that many guys that ever run sub-4.3. Even when recruits in real life report their own time they run it is hardly ever lower than a 4.4.

Having said that, I think the 4.18 time that a recruit could have on previous versions should be increased to no lower than a 4.28, if not a 4.32. I think the 4.18 translates to a 98 or 99 spd rating on the game so that way the fastest players that run a rare 4.3 should be at the top of the speed ratings.. EA has gradually gotten worse with this. There are LB's that run in the 4.4's and 4.5's so that is realistic. However, the whole scale should be moved back. This is just ball park figures but I heard or read somewhere that the avg 40 for WR's in the NFL combine is around 4.63. I'd just like to see this fixed.

You all can help me out with this but I think a 4.35 on the game is A- and ends up being around a 91 or 92 spd. If you slide that over to the new scale I'm talking about, that would be somewhere between a 4.45-4.49. That would be close to being right and your low 4.50 to 4.53 would be upper 80's, like 87-89.

I think that would be more realistic. It could be researched better and it would make more sense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2008, 07:58 PM   #2
Rookie

at0micfly's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Speed rating suggestion for 2010

Alot of the times recruits put out in real life is greatly "helped" by coaches/themselves
Old 07-17-2008, 08:18 PM   #3
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by at0micfly
Alot of the times recruits put out in real life is greatly "helped" by coaches/themselves
I agree....That's why I always wait for the "Official" times.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:05 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

High school times are always faster. Not always computerized timing and most of the time the clock stops when any part of your body touches the finish line.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:19 PM   #5
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

You're all pretty much right. The thing about it is that you'll never see a 4.16 or a 4.18 40. I normally try to go by electronic times since that shows the difference in pretty fast and true 4.4 spd. I'd love for them to fix this. 4.18 is insane in football. Highschoolers are a little lighter but there is hardly any difference. If you go by electronic times for incoming freshmen(not all of them will have times) and estimate what are ran at pro days, someone should be able to come up with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »