Home

FINALLY found success (and FUN!) playing defense

This is a discussion on FINALLY found success (and FUN!) playing defense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2008, 05:03 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: FINALLY found success (and FUN!) playing defense

As per the defensive article, I cheat in towards the middle a little bit but you guys are correct - you will start off-screen on most plays. Shortly after the snap your character comes into view, but its not nearly as tough to stay with the receiver as you would think.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:13 AM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
about as good a suggestion as any I suppose would love to see how that works against a human opponent
I have yet to play against a human opponent since making the switch... I would probably guess it wouldn't change things as much as doing it against the CPU.

As long as there is safety help over the top, I wouldn't be THAT nervous of giving up the big play. If you never give up the inside, the throws to the outside are longer and gives you (in most cases) time enough to react and at least swat the ball away, if not get the interception.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:22 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by laforr77
As per the defensive article, I cheat in towards the middle a little bit but you guys are correct - you will start off-screen on most plays. Shortly after the snap your character comes into view, but its not nearly as tough to stay with the receiver as you would think.

Which article is this? Believe it or not, last game out, I actually saw a wide variety of passes and had a strong defensive game vs the cpu using a dang DL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2008, 08:07 AM   #12
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinji
I've been camping out over the middle as a safety, and it works sometimes. I see more interceptions than incompletions, which really is just as annoying if not more annoying than 15 completions in a row.
That sounds like NCAA 08 all over again for you, which is my biggest fear with this game.

I mix it up a little bit on defense. I'll play some MLB, corner, safety, DE just to have some fun. I also like blitzing with a corner every now and then to throw off the CPU QBs rhythm. I have seen some lame duck passes by the CPU when they get stunned by a darting DB in the backfield. I actually got 2 sacks from corner zone blitzes in the Iron Bowl last night playing as Auburn. Both times, the DE closed in and slammed JPW. It was great! He started the game 7-7, but after those 2 sacks, he was never the same.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:28 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Which article is this? Believe it or not, last game out, I actually saw a wide variety of passes and had a strong defensive game vs the cpu using a dang DL.
NCAA Football Defensive Strategy: Cornerback
Old 07-20-2008, 10:42 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 17

I typically play as a LB or DE and I've had good success stopping the pass. I lowered the CPU QB slider to 40 as well as the CPU recieving slider and it evens things out. It's still tough, but very do-able. I gotta wonder about people who complain about the "robo QB". Either they didn't spend much time playing the game or they didn't spend any time working with the appropriate sliders. Or they suck.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:15 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by laforr77

Interesting, basically sounds much like how I used to play the position back in my day. Worth a shot
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2008, 12:51 PM   #16
Rookie

ice23's Arena

OVR: 3
Cool Re: FINALLY found success (and FUN!) playing defense

i stand up my freshman de bowers from clemson and use him as a mlb plus my secondary is serious.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »