Home

To Developers: Please add defensive matchups to Ncaa Football

This is a discussion on To Developers: Please add defensive matchups to Ncaa Football within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2008, 12:51 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
To Developers: Please add defensive matchups to Ncaa Football

When playing online all someone has to do is take a fast rb and run them out to the flats, thereby burning my far slower mlb, however if(as in real life) I am able to put a specific defender on that player than I can effectively limit his production. This I believe will help balance the game more towards defense. It's been in madden for awhile Ive always wondered why theyve neglected to add this to the college series, its a huge part of football, mismatches and counters. What do u guys think though?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2008, 12:55 PM   #2
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: To Developers: Please add defensive matchups to Ncaa Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsoul86
When playing online all someone has to do is take a fast rb and run them out to the flats, thereby burning my far slower mlb, however if(as in real life) I am able to put a specific defender on that player than I can effectively limit his production. This I believe will help balance the game more towards defense. It's been in madden for awhile Ive always wondered why theyve neglected to add this to the college series, its a huge part of football, mismatches and counters. What do u guys think though?
I agree. You must be referring to madden ps2/xbox because it's not in madden next gen.

You can hot route any defender to him if you have time pre-snap. Select the defender, press the hot-route button, move the left stick to the left to select 'man', then press the button of the receiver you want him to cover.
Old 07-21-2008, 12:58 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 4

Yea I know that, unfortunately when playing online the time to make pre snap adjustments is not afforded to me...especially with all the other adjustments that have to be made.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:00 PM   #4
Rookie

NCAAFootballFreak's Arena

OVR: 5

To piggy-back on this thought, how come when I (this is on PS2 by the way) change the package in my formation (like move my primary WRs to the slots in a 4-WR set) the CPU automatically puts their primary CBs on them, but when they run a 4-WR set, I'm never afforded the "knowledge" ahead of time to have my two best CBs shadow their primary receivers?

Am I making sense?
Old 07-21-2008, 07:22 PM   #5
stewaat

OVR:

A- LBs can't cover RBs even if you anticipate where they are going. It's frustrating.

B- You don't get enough time to make adjustments. You give us audibles but only 3 seconds to use them. Personally the base defenses are terrible because they don't work against stopping the CPU or a human. I actually get more time against a human opponent than I do against the CPU.

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »