Home

Anybody having a problem w/ the position style?

This is a discussion on Anybody having a problem w/ the position style? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2008, 01:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Anybody having a problem w/ the position style?

I don't know if that's what there called, but the balanced/speed/power, etc. thing for each position.

I created a QB with 85+ in all his running stats and made his throwing stats just average. He was listed as a pocket passer instead of scrambler

I created a HB, made his speed stats high (i'm talking like 97s) and his break tackle and trucking low. He was listed as a balanced back when I know he was nothing but a speed back.

It happens with computer created recruits too, like I'll be sorting WRs by speed and a 4.26 40 WR is a possession or balanced WR. It makes it a pain to recruit sometimes.

Obviously not a huge problem in the scope of things going on, but just an annoyance that I wanted to see if anybody else noticed.

Last edited by chapmanosu1; 07-22-2008 at 01:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2008, 03:05 PM   #2
Rookie

Freezer Boy's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Anybody having a problem w/ the position style?

yeah I've noticed the same thing. I created a fast QB and it said he was a pocket passer. And I also created a really fast HB and it listed him as a power back.

MLB- New York Yankees
NFL- New York Giants
NBA- Toronto Raptors
Old 07-22-2008, 03:09 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezer Boy
yeah I've noticed the same thing. I created a fast QB and it said he was a pocket passer. And I also created a really fast HB and it listed him as a power back.
Yep, and it makes recruiting go by much slower because you have to look at each individual recruits stats b/c no longer can I go, "oh, it says he is a pass rusher, he's got some good speed." If I do that, I end up with a DE with 68 speed. I actually have to check his stat grades.

So it pretty much renders the the new recruiting strategy useless, as if I tell my coaches to get speed backs, they're going after guys who are classified as speed backs...but since it's broken, they really aren't speed backs. You get where I'm going. It's a crapshoot.
Old 07-22-2008, 11:13 PM   #4
Rookie

bump

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »