Home

Whats the big deal with next gen??

This is a discussion on Whats the big deal with next gen?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2008, 05:19 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Whats the big deal with next gen??

Most of the people that make these type posts can't afford a next gen console, and seem to need to defend it by talking up how awesome their ps2/xbox is, well, it's not all that, sorry.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2008, 07:45 AM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
Not only is NCAA 09 a "decent product", it's actually a very good product with the same type of flaws that every game in existence has. The only difference is that the sports gaming community is far more polarized than the communities of any other gaming genre due to exclusive licensing.....so these flaws are amplified by fanboys of rival companies and made to appeare far worse than they actually are.

Anybody on the next gen who says the new games can't compete with the last gen games clearly hasn't played a last gen sports game in a while. I recently popped both NCAA 06 and NFL2K5 into my old xbox recently for shats & giggles and let's just say I won't be going there again. The next gen has trumped the last gen.
LOL, you're such a EA suck up it's ridiculous. Both of those games on last gen take a royal dump on NCAA 09 and every other next gen football product EA has put out.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:49 AM   #27
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by btseroyer
LOL, you're such a EA suck up it's ridiculous. Both of those games on last gen take a royal dump on NCAA 09 and every other next gen football product EA has put out.

Yeah there must be some new rules in college football this year... The defender who gets closes to the player with the ball with out trying to tackle him gets a free tote bag!

Last edited by FlyingFinn; 07-24-2008 at 10:20 AM.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:02 AM   #28
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonRSD
this is exactly what happened. the 360 is a suped up reg xbox with hd graphics

im sure the ps3 with its blu ray discs will be superior in 2 years or so when game publishers start using those 50gb blu ray discs to the maximun

dvd 9 for 360 is just an old technology and the 360 has MAYBE 2-3 years TOPS left before aother xbox comes out (thatll be 3 in 10 years)

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 07-24-2008, 10:11 AM   #29
Pro

OVR: 9

the best thing about Next Gen to me is Online Play.

I know it existed in the legacy gen, but I didn't utilize it until now. I'm not as much of a gamer as I used to be. Competition is a drug to me, so ALL I do in video games is play online or against friends. i don't play the 1 player mode of ANY game anymore.

Football games have not benefited. I think FPS have benefited the most, although they are basically the same.

Let's get the fantasy football section poppin!
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/fantasy-football/
Old 07-24-2008, 10:43 AM   #30
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
Not only is NCAA 09 a "decent product", it's actually a very good product with the same type of flaws that every game in existence has. The only difference is that the sports gaming community is far more polarized than the communities of any other gaming genre due to exclusive licensing.....so these flaws are amplified by fanboys of rival companies and made to appeare far worse than they actually are.

Anybody on the next gen who says the new games can't compete with the last gen games clearly hasn't played a last gen sports game in a while. I recently popped both NCAA 06 and NFL2K5 into my old xbox recently for shats & giggles and let's just say I won't be going there again. The next gen has trumped the last gen.

Lol, funny. It's so easy to call people who disagree with you fan boys right? These kinds of posts make it even easier.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 07-24-2008, 11:48 AM   #31
Rookie

tylerd02's Arena

Personally I like this gen for everything except sports games. Paying $60 for a game where sliders don't work, rosters don't work, and freezing issues is getting a little frustrating. I'm tired of coming on these boards with a developer who mentions nothing about these problems, I know he's got to hold the company line and may have not known about these issues before hand but I'm tired of this crap getting pushed out when things don't work. I appreciate OMT atleast coming here and I'm not bashing him, just a little tired of paying for something that doesn't work as advertised, imho.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2008, 11:57 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive_Turkey
Hmmmm not quit true, expect for the ***** part. I do hate, i hate broad pawns like yourself who agree with the moderators 24/7 and tell us to chill when we just put 60$ on a game, and some how you and that other guy think we know nothing of the systems, game makers, ect. with your name it looks like you like Metallica too and i would figure that from a board *****-*****(similar to player-*****). There is no need to berate us Haters we are just venting and trying to get the word out that the game is below avg. so MAYBE things could get fixed. And we all "get it," EA got the NCAA official license, now they have no competition, so they make cheap games and sell them for 60+$. If we all speak up maybe we can get change but, if we have goob's harshing our on our COLLEGE FOOTBALL and other sports, then the million dollar corp will just keep ripping off the little guy. Lastly the collective IQ on the site would be high if it weren't for the stress clouding our judgement
A video game is a source of stress for you? I think you take video games a bit too seriously if that's the case. Let me know when you grow up and venture out into the real world with rent, bills, family, and career to worry about. Then you'll see what stress is all about.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »