Home

D LINE PRESSURE THREAD

This is a discussion on D LINE PRESSURE THREAD within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2008, 02:06 PM   #9
All Star

RAZRr1275's Arena

OVR: 67
Cool Re: D LINE PRESSURE THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I use both the jump the snap feature and the run/pass commit feature and do just fine in pursing the QB and bringing heat.

I also blitz from various packages, from various positions.

Hope this helps.
Same here. Pass rush is good for me.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:09 PM   #10
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: D LINE PRESSURE THREAD

Quote:
on PS3, you press up on the right analog stick right as the ball is snapped to commit to the pass or press down to commit to the run.

It also helps your secondary cover better. At least it seems to.

Oh, ok, the offensive line crash, like down to pinch the middle, up to rush outside, LB blitz, etc.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:22 PM   #11
Rookie

ufox1810's Arena

OVR: 4

My 2 cents...

For a few years now, I've controlled a DT from the snap. I usually pick the worst of the 2 DT's (I figure the better one will be able to handle himself) and at the snap I try my best to occupy 2 offensive linemen. I can lock one up and get in the way of another one a good amount of the time. A lot of times this helps ensure the DE on my side will only have 1 guy to worry about getting past. With Carlos Dunlap and Jermaine Cunningham, this is huge because they are both good at speeding by the OL instead of trying to power through them.

The other thing that helps me a lot if plenty (and I mean TONS) of pre-snap adjustments. I pinch one play, crash right the next. Do nothing one play, show blitz the next. Rush out during an obvious passing down from time to time. All out blitz on a random 1st down here and there. It keeps the OL guessing and more importantly has allowed me to get good pressure on the QB consistently.

My sack numbers after 11 games...

Dunlap - 9
Jones - 7
Cunningham - 7
Davis - 6
Doe - 4
Hunter (usually the guy I'm controlling) - 4

To me, those are pretty realistic numbers. Project those out to the full 13/14 game season and I'm talking one guy with over 10 sacks. 2 guys in the 7-9 range. And 3 others between 4 and 6. Not too bad I don't think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2008, 03:01 PM   #12
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

What does the commit actually do? That is, if I pick run commit, what happens and vise versa?
Old 07-23-2008, 03:33 PM   #13
Rookie

Sheik's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mddst34
What does the commit actually do? That is, if I pick run commit, what happens and vise versa?
my guess would be that..in game..
it would simulate on field and sideline awareness as to what's happening on field..

they teach you to yell out run or pass just for any type of awareness it might add...some players continue to do it on the field of play.

I think it boosts the awareness up a little bit during the play..
but then I've also seen how half the damn team turns around after I hit the stick down to signal a run play.
It definitely helps against the cpu and it's aerial passing displays.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:36 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 12

I play CPU vs CPU and get 3 to 4 sacks a game. I'm not going to bother playing Hum vs Cpu. I get a better game play this way.

I posted my game stats on page 3 & 5 in CPU vs CPU Players thread with sliders.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:03 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufox1810
To me, those are pretty realistic numbers. Project those out to the full 13/14 game season and I'm talking one guy with over 10 sacks. 2 guys in the 7-9 range. And 3 others between 4 and 6. Not too bad I don't think.
How many are actual sacks and how many are scrambling/screen sacks?

I had 35 sacks my first year, but I'd say at least 25 were when the 65 speed QB decided to just start running 20 yards deep in the pocket.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2008, 06:22 PM   #16
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
I use both the jump the snap feature and the run/pass commit feature and do just fine in pursing the QB and bringing heat.

I also blitz from various packages, from various positions.

Hope this helps.

I want to add something to this now that I am at home.

The way that I view the run/pass commit is this. If I commit to the pass and the cpu is indeed passing, I feel as though my secondary does a better job of defending the pass and that my DL is more agressive in trying to get to the QB. Doing this leaves yourself vulnerable though. If the cpu decides to run, espeically a draw play or a sweep against a 4 man rush, then you are subject to giving up long gains.

On the flip side, if I commit to the run and the cpu is indeed running, I feel as though my secondary does a better job in run support and stepping up to take away outside lanes and clogging up the middle. Doing this however leaves you vulnerable to the play action pass and quick outs. I've even seen the cpu throw the deep ball when I committed to the run but he was passing.

To me, not committing to the run or pass leaves your defense in a read mode, meaning that they are trying to determine exactly what it is the offense is running. Safeties are unsure if they should be guarding the run or pass and tend to drop back in fear of giving up the big play. The D-Line is not really pursuing the QB in fear of giving up the run.

This is just my humble opinion and one that I have formed by playing numerous of games. Take it for what you will. But I would suggest that those who aren't using this feature and are struggling to rush the QB, try it.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »