Home

Conspiracy theory on the roster issue....

This is a discussion on Conspiracy theory on the roster issue.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2008, 11:20 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Conspiracy theory on the roster issue....

Is this really a bug or a legal matter. I have wondered for months how the NCAA was just letting this issue go by when EA is promoting and allowing free transfer of actual player names. Seems last year there was talk of restricting websites that were selling the rosters. Guys we may be getting a wool job to tie over till Madden and hope the masses get used to numbers only. Just a theory.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2008, 11:24 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Conspiracy theory on the roster issue....

If the NCAA didnt want us playing with their real names we wouldnt be able to edit them, plain and simple.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:26 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3

Let's see CH2K8 had this feature promoting free transfer of player names. Yea, it's a bug. The NCAA (CLC) likes your money and had no reason to break into the Tiburon office to break the code.

Although... I would not put it past some of these 2kzealots who will still be playing NFL2K5 for the next 20 years out of spite.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:02 AM   #4
MVP

thescoop's Arena

OVR: 23

Dumb theory. The NCAA can't stop people from editting and sharing rosters. And of course they wouldn't want to either cause they make a ton from EA on this game.
Old 07-25-2008, 05:53 AM   #5
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 867-5309
Although... I would not put it past some of these 2kzealots who will still be playing NFL2K5 for the next 20 years out of spite.

Hey - that's me you're talking about!

Actually, just checking out the forums as it's been a while since the last time I was here...I just don't have much input anymore, since I don't own any of the football games, and it'll be a while before hockey and basketball start up. I was intrigued by NCAA after playing the demo on XBox, but have forced myself to pass on it (die-hard 2k zealot)...Now I'm glad I did.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »