Home

Run / Pass Commit

This is a discussion on Run / Pass Commit within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2008, 10:45 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 5
Run / Pass Commit

If this as been addressed in another place please point me to it. I've been searching for it all morning...
Is run/pass commit in this years version on the PS3 and XBOX 360?? If so where and how does it work. I know how to pull or push the right stick just not sure if it registers and when it does... Or what's actually suppose to happen when done correctly... (P.S. What do those circles stand for???)

Much appreciated in advance,

UCLA Fan!

Last edited by tomymac23; 07-27-2008 at 10:53 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2008, 10:48 AM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Run / Pass Commit

its in the game but for some reason it doesn't tell you if you have engaged it or not. I use it all the time and at first didnt' think it was working because there was no pop-up telling me that I had triggered it, but after a few games and viewing a few replays, its quite evident, at least in my humble opinion, that the run/pass commit is functioning properly.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-27-2008, 10:50 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 18

It is there, but the game does not tell you. You have a second or two to press up for pass commit and press down on the right analog stick for run commit. I use it quite often, and to me it gets my LBs to there pass coverage sooner. When I choose pass commit, they spend less time looking into the backfield and go into there zones or man coverage.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:58 AM   #4
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
It is there, but the game does not tell you. You have a second or two to press up for pass commit and press down on the right analog stick for run commit. I use it quite often, and to me it gets my LBs to there pass coverage sooner. When I choose pass commit, they spend less time looking into the backfield and go into there zones or man coverage.
Exactly and thanks for expanding on my shallow explanation Sausage.

I use it just about every down. To me, when I do pass commit, my players cover better, safeties help better and LB's that are supposed to be in coverage get there quicker as Sausage said. Also, I think my pass rush is more aggressive when using pass commit and the cpu is actually passing.

When using run commit, my safeties and DB's seem to be in better position for run support, the DL doesn't over pursue the ball as much or jump out of their lanes, and LB's are there to plug up the holes.

Now is this fool proof? Of course not, player ratings make a difference and the play called with make a difference. PA passes and draw plays can really cause havoc and of course if you commit to one and the offense runs the other, well thats trouble.

To me, run/pass commit is necessary in this year's game moreso than ever. And not using it leaves your defense in a read and react mode instead of coming out aggressive.

just my .02

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-27-2008, 11:03 AM   #5
Banned

Thanks fellas for your input here. I think once the season gets going and the gameplay is patched this will be a "really" good game. I have another question. What do the colored circles mean under all the players???
Green:
Red:
Orange:
Blue:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2008, 11:14 AM   #6
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Awesome. I didn't think it was in. I will be using this now.

Quote:
Thanks fellas for your input here. I think once the season gets going and the gameplay is patched this will be a "really" good game. I have another question. What do the colored circles mean under all the players???
Green: I have never seen green
Red: Sometimes pulsing. Means they are "in the zone."
Orange: Heating Up
Blue: Cold/rattled or w/e.

Old 07-27-2008, 11:27 AM   #7
Banned

Yeah when I pass commit at times all my men have a green circle icon under them during the play... Not sure what's happening here but just wanted to know if anyone else was experiencing this and if so whether or not they understand it.

UCLA FAN!
Old 07-27-2008, 08:04 PM   #8
Banned

bump

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »