Home

Jump the snap?

This is a discussion on Jump the snap? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2008, 10:48 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Jump the snap?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkslinger22
Fake Hike is RB on 360
I wish there was 2 different buttons for fake hike and hard counts.

It makes me mad that to change up my count i have to fake hike which gives me 1 or 2 false starts a game. If im playing a big road game i cant afford to change it up with fake hike bc its like a 50% chance of a false start... So i dont and the D jumps the snap every play... stupid.

It would be nice to be able to call a play on 3 or whatever...
Having a different hard count button that could cause false starts and offsides would be cool...
Old 07-29-2008, 10:57 AM   #10
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoots711
I wish there was 2 different buttons for fake hike and hard counts.

It makes me mad that to change up my count i have to fake hike which gives me 1 or 2 false starts a game. If im playing a big road game i cant afford to change it up with fake hike bc its like a 50% chance of a false start... So i dont and the D jumps the snap every play... stupid.

It would be nice to be able to call a play on 3 or whatever...
Having a different hard count button that could cause false starts and offsides would be cool...
There is no such difference between a fake hike and a hard count so there is no reason to have two different buttons. You can snap the ball on 3 just by waiting basically. Varying your snap counts from quick snapping to waiting a little bit (without using the hard count) will help keep the opponent from jumping the snap. Lastly, when you are on the road and in a hostile environment, the biggest advantage the home team has is the defensive line in pass rush situations. Often times the visiting team has to use silent counts in real life which gives the DL an advantage and can cause false starts. The game does a good job with this.

I don't hate the jump snap thing anymore. EA really improved it to the point where it doesn't feel cheap when the cpu does it anymore. I never use it myself so I can't comment if its too easy to use or not.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:48 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
There is no such difference between a fake hike and a hard count so there is no reason to have two different buttons. You can snap the ball on 3 just by waiting basically. Varying your snap counts from quick snapping to waiting a little bit (without using the hard count) will help keep the opponent from jumping the snap. Lastly, when you are on the road and in a hostile environment, the biggest advantage the home team has is the defensive line in pass rush situations. Often times the visiting team has to use silent counts in real life which gives the DL an advantage and can cause false starts. The game does a good job with this.

I don't hate the jump snap thing anymore. EA really improved it to the point where it doesn't feel cheap when the cpu does it anymore. I never use it myself so I can't comment if its too easy to use or not.
Well, i will disagree on the varying your count. I dont just get to the line and hike it. I often wait and snap the ball at different times (different time left on the play clock)

It seems to me... If i dont fake hike (RB), no matter how long i wait the d jumps the snap. The cpu probably always sees it as being "on one" and jumps it.

Its probably a small bug. Thats how it seems to me.

Rb button to me (playing as OK St) is unuseable on the road for any big game... It sucks, but it seems to me my choice in those game are flip a coin on a false start or get the snap jumped by the cpu.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2008, 12:09 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
I disagree to some point. I play my Online Dynasty on Heisman (default sliders) and I had a team Jump the Snap 5 times in a row and I never used the same snap count. On the 5th time, I faked it 5 times (lucky there was no false start) and on the 6th time, they still jumped it. I still had plenty of time left on the play clock too, so they shouldn't have been anticipating the snap because of that.

It was the first time I actually got frustrated with this game. Formation audibles also piss me off, but that's for another thread.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:51 PM   #13
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Security Device
I disagree to some point. I play my Online Dynasty on Heisman (default sliders) and I had a team Jump the Snap 5 times in a row and I never used the same snap count. On the 5th time, I faked it 5 times (lucky there was no false start) and on the 6th time, they still jumped it. I still had plenty of time left on the play clock too, so they shouldn't have been anticipating the snap because of that.

It was the first time I actually got frustrated with this game. Formation audibles also piss me off, but that's for another thread.
I should clarify that I think its OK on the AA level. Heisman is probably different.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:02 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
I should clarify that I think its OK on the AA level. Heisman is probably different.
It's bad on AA and abysmal on Heisman. On Heisman, there is no reason to use the counts because you could go on 1, 4, 3, 6, 2, and 18 in that order and they'll "JUMP THE SNAP" every single play.
Old 07-29-2008, 04:50 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
It's bad on AA and abysmal on Heisman. On Heisman, there is no reason to use the counts because you could go on 1, 4, 3, 6, 2, and 18 in that order and they'll "JUMP THE SNAP" every single play.
But only if you have called a great play that would probably beat their D, or are close to the goal line, or are winning, or areabout to score, or are about to get in FG range, or about to get a key First Down, or........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2008, 05:11 PM   #16
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Thanks for this thread. Definitely not getting NCAA09 now... after all I've read, this is just the straw that broke the camel's back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »