Home

Patch 1 and 2 Info

This is a discussion on Patch 1 and 2 Info within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 06:31 PM   #65
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Patch 1 and 2 Info

Finally, some good news. If sliders work like they should, if CPU receivers and backs quit going out of bounds with daylight in front of them and if the kick return fiasco is fixed this game could be fantastic. Of course, I'm not getting my hopes up until I try it post-second patch.

All I ask for:

-- Lower CPU completion pct.
-- Higher CPU rush yards per carry
-- Reasonable kick and punt returns
-- CPU stop going OB with daylight ahead
-- More penalties (though this is one I could live without)

One more thing, which I'm not sure is fixable: There are too many pick-6s thrown by CPU. Almost everytime I get an INT, it's clear sailing into the end zone, as offensive players can't pursue or tackle. Maybe some combination of sliders can somehow remedy this.

I'm not concerned about pass rush, as the sliders and setting (varsity) I'm using is giving me sufficient pressure, not great but OK, worth maybe 2 sacks a game at 5 min QTR. Hopefully fully working sliders will further correct this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2008, 06:45 PM   #66
Pro

ucas005's Arena

OVR: 7

This news couldn't have came at a better time for me. My friend and I gave up on the game last Sunday (after our online dynasty crash) and we haven't played since. My enthusiasm for the game has been renewed.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:02 PM   #67
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
Finally, some good news. If sliders work like they should, if CPU receivers and backs quit going out of bounds with daylight in front of them and if the kick return fiasco is fixed this game could be fantastic. Of course, I'm not getting my hopes up until I try it post-second patch.

All I ask for:

-- Lower CPU completion pct.
-- Higher CPU rush yards per carry
-- Reasonable kick and punt returns
-- CPU stop going OB with daylight ahead
-- More penalties (though this is one I could live without)

One more thing, which I'm not sure is fixable: There are too many pick-6s thrown by CPU. Almost everytime I get an INT, it's clear sailing into the end zone, as offensive players can't pursue or tackle. Maybe some combination of sliders can somehow remedy this.

I'm not concerned about pass rush, as the sliders and setting (varsity) I'm using is giving me sufficient pressure, not great but OK, worth maybe 2 sacks a game at 5 min QTR. Hopefully fully working sliders will further correct this.
... add to that list the threat of the CPU throwing deep and were in for some really good times.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:24 PM   #68
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredm
OMT,

Is there any word about patches (now or future) that address the following:

1)The speed differential between players (see here and here for a discussion).

2) Terrible pursuit angles by the CPU (for an extreme example, see the oft-posted West Virginia vs Georgia video), which may be related to point #1.
I don't know why so many people on here act like tere is no problem with the defensive speed. They act like it's just fine when it's not. Theres no reason 2nd string DB's should not be able to speed-wise keep up with a FB on a 5-6 yd curl route.

I think EA is treading on dangerous territory. Many people are taking this patch as a last resort, and will not buy this series anymore after this year if this game doesnt improve post-patch. If the defensive speed is this slow and other things are way off, and it doesn't get fixed in this patch, tht means someone at EA thinks it fine. Therefore it'll be that way 2010 as well.
Old 08-01-2008, 07:30 PM   #69
t3g
Rookie

t3g's Arena

OVR: 4

It's a good thing that I do not play Madden, as I would have sold this weeks ago or neglected alltogether. Playing a NCAA game used to be unique, but instead we are guinea pigs for Madden.

It is sad that the "real" version of the game (2 patches) will not be here until early September. That's basically a month and a half of having a broken game which is really bad considering how quickly many gamers will switch to Madden as soon as that is released and do a Gamestop trade in deal.

If I buy the game next year, it will probably be a month or so after release considering that the retail version will be broken as well and obligatory patches will have been out already. What's an EA game without a few patches these days?

Last edited by t3g; 08-01-2008 at 07:33 PM.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:00 PM   #70
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
I don't know why so many people on here act like tere is no problem with the defensive speed. They act like it's just fine when it's not. Theres no reason 2nd string DB's should not be able to speed-wise keep up with a FB on a 5-6 yd curl route.

I think EA is treading on dangerous territory. Many people are taking this patch as a last resort, and will not buy this series anymore after this year if this game doesnt improve post-patch. If the defensive speed is this slow and other things are way off, and it doesn't get fixed in this patch, tht means someone at EA thinks it fine. Therefore it'll be that way 2010 as well.
Maybe it will be one of those things that gets mysteriously fixed but not announced. I know I'm reaching but, one could hope.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:08 PM   #71
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Last year's patch didn't require dynasty restarts to work. Only Madden required that because some of the stuff was directly tied to franchise logic which needed to be fixed. I think we will be safe with our dynasties. I certainly don't want to start over and I don't think I'll have to.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:14 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 4

I noticed there was no mention of a lack of deep balls by the cpu in the patch, that is extremely unfortunate.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »