Home

Anybody else slightly SCARED about the patch?

This is a discussion on Anybody else slightly SCARED about the patch? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2008, 01:49 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Anybody else slightly SCARED about the patch?

There are many things I want fixed, in order of importance to me.
1) Sliders
2) kick coverage
3) pass rush
4) LB speed

But I'm very worried about the last one. People have been complaining so much about ROBO QB. Guys, he's not really a robo qb. The people in the flats and over the middle are just so wide open. The CPU QB isn't really that good. If you play D to cover the spots that ROBO qb burns you, he won't burn you. I'm actually enjoying the CPU passing game quite a bit.

That's what I'm scared about. If they bring back LB speed, what is going to happen to INT's? I'm very very scared that this game is going to go back to interception-fest 06,07,08 etc. How exactly are they going to fix the 'ROBO-QB' problem, which is really more of a problem of people not adapting to the CPU's method, which is, hit the wide-open guy in the flat? I'm afraid they will over-compensate and break the game for me. I'm afraid they will make the CB's too good, when actually I think right now they play pretty well (except on curl routes).

By making the pass rush better and the LB's faster, this game could get broken for me, and its a shame because other than the speed difference that bothers me, I like the way it FEELS. I don't want the game to revert back to old tendencies, I want it to remain mostly the same but with the players on even playing fields. I'm just worried that evening them up will bring us back to the same old thing...leading the nation in INT's every single year even with INT on 0 and playing single man-to-man on every play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2008, 01:58 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Anybody else slightly SCARED about the patch?

I'm just excited to have the sliders fixed
Old 08-01-2008, 02:00 PM   #3
MVP

babyfat9's Arena

OVR: 14

i would hope the patch comes out next week as stated...I'd like to get my rosters edited at least most of them before Madden comes out then i'll have to do the Madden edits.

Monsters of the Midway
Chicago Bears
Old 08-01-2008, 02:00 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

Well for those who haven't seen, OMT posted a TENTATIVE list of patched items:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-post2142.html

I am a little upset about LB speed, but we can lower RBA to match them a little better.
Old 08-01-2008, 02:12 PM   #5
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

There is no way they can fix ALL the things that need to be but I will be very happy if the mentioned fixes happen.

Just having the sliders working would be great.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2008, 02:46 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53

I am a little upset about LB speed, but we can lower RBA to match them a little better.

well this wont have an effect on online gamers so whats the point of slider adjustment?

be a man, play a human opponent
Old 08-01-2008, 02:59 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I believe the thing to be scared of is them trying to fix too much and then in turn breaking other stuff. I believe the game has a good foundation and subtle tweaks could really make it great. I think 75% of the battle is to simply make the sliders work. Outside of that, the punt coverage. It's almost embarrassing that the game was released with punt returns in that condition. The only other thing for me is the annoying short passing game of the computer. Hopefully a simple fix for defenses can take care of this.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:02 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

the sliders are by far and away the most important thing for me. with properly functioning sliders i know i'll be able to create challenging, fair, give-the-d a chance settings.

what scares me is that fixing hook zone depth probably won't do a damn thing. even if they fix the depth there is still the issue of no AI controlled defenders on the human team reacting until after the ball is caught. it seems like DEF AWR at 100 this year is a dumber defense than AI at 0 last year.

i just can't wait to have separate tackling sliders. i have to have TKL at least at 20 to have a chance to keep the CPU in check but that causes my offense to fumble 4 or 5 times a game and get closelined on almost every tackle.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »