Home

When will EA add 1-aa teams?

This is a discussion on When will EA add 1-aa teams? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2008, 10:33 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: When will EA add 1-aa teams?

I'm liking that seperate video game idea for online players.
Head Coach could be a franchise/sim players dream.
Online madden/ncaa could be an online players dream that specifically addresses their wants/needs.
And then there's the regular game that incorporates gameplay and franchise mode.

And then maybe an NCAA version of Head Coach could come out too? Think of the possibilities. You're in charge of all very in depth recruiting year after year. You're in charge of coaching players, your playbook.

OMT mentioned that you'd be in competition with yourself. But in reality, they actually make more money out of it. There are fans like me who probably won't play Head Coach that much. But I'll buy it because it'll fulfill that niche for me when I feel like it.

I for one never play online football. But you know, I'd probably buy it too if it were cheaper just so that I could have the ability to play online if I wanted to. ehhhhh... maybe that's a stretch. BUT, if you took away the ability to cheese in online gaming, I'd definately play more. Not to mention, maybe with the extra "space" you could incorporate something like NHL 09 is going to incorporate with their EA Hockey League thing that I heard about. How awesome does that sound, by the way?

You could even go and sell it all in one package too if you wanted. Lets take the NFL version as an example. Madden costs $60, Head Coach could cost $50. The online version could cost $40? Bundle them up for $120. You could basically provide a better product for each version, happy customers, basically 3 games for the price of 2.

And if you could somehow find a way to link them via exporting or what not that would be great too. Have NCAA's head coach give you the option to export your coach to take a franchise in the NFL. Have the ability to take your roster from Head Coach and play it in the regular version. I don't know much of the intracacies(sp) of online play, but how about having an option for playing with franchise teams as well. I'd love to build up my franchise team and play it online or against friends. I know there would be people finding ways to cheat and have a sort of all-star team. But there could be rules that could be implemented. Or maybe it would have to be an "unranked" game.

Having the abilities to link all these games would also want everyone to go out and buy all 3 versions as well.

I could go on and on. But I'll stop. I'd be getting my hopes up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2008, 10:50 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 1

I went out and brought NCAA 09 for PS3 and sure enough the MEAC was not on there this is so upsetting!!!! theres always a ****ing excuse from EA they want my 60 bucks but they dont want to give me a next gen that has teams that are on the last gen system????? That makes no sense!!! im paying an extra 20 for some bull**** features (bowling tug o war) yet i cant use my schools team becuz you guys (EA DEvelopers) dont have enough space? so i have to go buy the PS2 version of NCAA 09 in order to use my school (Morgan State)

On a side note our RB went to the Colts our TE went to the REdskins and one of our DE's went to the chiefs.............

now This is some Bull**** and im through with EA i figured i would give them one last try but they burned me again!!!!

60 bux for a game that excludes my school.... IN ONE VERSION yet has the in the other version. Now i read that they had to cut out some teams so that more features could be added because they (EA developers) were at space capacity. Now if that is true then WTF!!! 3 yrs and already u are full of disk space and out of ideas? u ****in serious???? heres the link so u all can read it for ur selves

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...a-teams-3.html

when they do include schools from the MEAC they give em straight D's, only us to only view ourselves in a negative light but it hurts more to hear the developer say " oh we cut your school so we could add a bowling feature" this **** is extremely harrowing so now im dont wit EA **** NCAA 09 i found a game that does include the MEAC and The SWAC

http://www.bcfxgame.com

Graphics might be wack but hey there still better than the PS2 version so that evens it out for me i think its a great thing that someone has finally created a game that includes the MEAC and The SWac in a positive light.

I Miss 2k EA has completely monopolized football so now they just push out these bull**** games every year proudly and millions of fools rush out to buy those half *** games sadly this year i became one of those fools

at least un till i take that **** back to the store and get my money back
Old 08-02-2008, 10:55 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamj2281
Yeah, not having I-AA teams pretty much ruins the game for me. I'm an Appalachian State alumni, and EA should at least add it as a add-on, I would definitely pay extra (even though we shouldn't have to). It would be great if EA could make this an add-on for this year's game.

Going into this year, I figured they would somehow make the year of the upset (Mich vs. ASU) a key feature and add in the ability to build a dynasty from a small school, they have it in NCAA B-Ball, it would not be that big of an issue to do it for football I would think.

Has anyone from EA been asked about I-AA teams and have we gotten any sort of response?
I'm with you on this one. As a Texas Southern alumnus, I'd like to have my alma mater on the XBOX 360 version. If I want to use my school, I have to buy it for my PSP, which I did. There have been some extravagant games released as well as extravagant add-ons for games. At least give us the ability to add maybe something like conference add-ons. I'd also like create-a-stadium or something along those lines.
Rice, 69-21-1 (W 52-10)
Arkansas, 56-21-0 (W 52-10)
Colorado, 10-7-0 (W 38-14)
OU, 58-40-5 (W 45-35)
Mizzou, 15-5-0
Oklahoma St, 20-2-0
Texas Tech, 43-14-0
Baylor, 71-22-4
Kansas, 6-2-0
Texas A&M, 73-36-5
Old 08-02-2008, 10:58 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by illmatic826
I went out and brought NCAA 09 for PS3 and sure enough the MEAC was not on there this is so upsetting!!!! theres always a ****ing excuse from EA they want my 60 bucks but they dont want to give me a next gen that has teams that are on the last gen system????? That makes no sense!!! im paying an extra 20 for some bull**** features (bowling tug o war) yet i cant use my schools team becuz you guys (EA DEvelopers) dont have enough space? so i have to go buy the PS2 version of NCAA 09 in order to use my school (Morgan State)

On a side note our RB went to the Colts our TE went to the REdskins and one of our DE's went to the chiefs.............

now This is some Bull**** and im through with EA i figured i would give them one last try but they burned me again!!!!

60 bux for a game that excludes my school.... IN ONE VERSION yet has the in the other version. Now i read that they had to cut out some teams so that more features could be added because they (EA developers) were at space capacity. Now if that is true then WTF!!! 3 yrs and already u are full of disk space and out of ideas? u ****in serious???? heres the link so u all can read it for ur selves

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...a-teams-3.html

when they do include schools from the MEAC they give em straight D's, only us to only view ourselves in a negative light but it hurts more to hear the developer say " oh we cut your school so we could add a bowling feature" this **** is extremely harrowing so now im dont wit EA **** NCAA 09 i found a game that does include the MEAC and The SWAC

http://www.bcfxgame.com

Graphics might be wack but hey there still better than the PS2 version so that evens it out for me i think its a great thing that someone has finally created a game that includes the MEAC and The SWac in a positive light.

I Miss 2k EA has completely monopolized football so now they just push out these bull**** games every year proudly and millions of fools rush out to buy those half *** games sadly this year i became one of those fools

at least un till i take that **** back to the store and get my money back
You know I've had high hopes for BCFX when I bought it but I've had problems even running it due to a lot of stuttering issues. I'm running an HP Slimline with 2GB of RAM and a pretty nice graphics card and processor, so I don't know what the deal is. And there is pretty much no tech support for the game.
Rice, 69-21-1 (W 52-10)
Arkansas, 56-21-0 (W 52-10)
Colorado, 10-7-0 (W 38-14)
OU, 58-40-5 (W 45-35)
Mizzou, 15-5-0
Oklahoma St, 20-2-0
Texas Tech, 43-14-0
Baylor, 71-22-4
Kansas, 6-2-0
Texas A&M, 73-36-5
Old 08-02-2008, 10:59 PM   #45
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAreaper26
I knew it! My opinion: The 360 is holding next gen games back. EA is intentionally holding back the the progress of Madden and NCAA because the 360's disk space limitations! They can't make the Ps3 version better because the 360's user base is so large and lucrative, so we have to settle for less features and no 1-AA schools. OMT, how long before we see Madden and NCAA use the PS3's full power?

Note: This post is not intended to spark a PS3 vs. 360 argument
you do know that when it comes to gaming, the PS3 is not vastly superior don't you? to a developer they are equal. they each have their advantages and disadvantages.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here

Last edited by Solidice; 08-02-2008 at 11:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2008, 11:10 PM   #46
Banned

EAreaper26's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
you do know that when it comes to gaming, the PS3 is not vastly superior don't you? to a developer they are equal. they each have their advantages and disadvantages.
we are talking about the media, not the systems
Old 08-02-2008, 11:31 PM   #47
Pro

OVR: 10

I don't think it's enough room, thats why everything getting patched all the time, I think EA tries to put as much out with a disc, then tries to add on later, but some people impatient
Old 08-02-2008, 11:49 PM   #48
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Though I wonder if an online head to head game for a reduced price would be feasible. Only game modes are play now, practice, and the online features (but not online dynasty). The dev work would go into gameplay tuning, which would be done anyway for the regular product, as well as optimizations for online play. How much do you think people would pay for that? $30 maybe? That's not a bad idea right there!
Or how about creating a base game for $40. Then folks could pay for additional downloadable content. Something like:
D1AA teams - $10
Online League Package - $10
Indepth Recruiting System - $10
Mascot Games - $1
Alternate Unis - $5
etc.

Some casual gamers who otherwise would not have made the purchase might get the game at the reduced "base" price. And hardcore gamers would create added revenue purchasing the extras beyond the $60 price point....and likely be happy about it.

Last edited by Cardot; 08-02-2008 at 11:51 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »