Home

So The Patch Is Gonna Be Useless??

This is a discussion on So The Patch Is Gonna Be Useless?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 11:49 AM   #17
2010,13,15,16 CHAMPS!

SidVish's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: So The Patch Is Gonna Be Useless??

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
This is all because EA has programmed themselves into a catch 22. When the AI QB is hurried they will throw picks in bunches. See NCAA 2008. They had to fix the turnover bug and here is what you got. I would rather have a sketchy pass rush though instead of a pick 6 festival.

I choose neither. LOL.

I just don't get it. I absolutely LOVED NCAA on the ps2 and played the crap out of them but it's totally different now. I rent next gen NCAA for a week and I'm pulling my hair out. It's just when I realize I'm getting way too frustrated over a video game it's time to play something else that I actually enjoy. I know some people say it's a fun game but a somewhat realistic representation of college football is what would be fun for me.

Thankfully, I can step away from a game if I don't like it. I just pray one of these next gen NCAA's is worth a purchase for me because it USED to be my favorite game.
"I thought LeBron James was just going to be another addition to help me score."
Ricky Davis
Quote:
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein
Old 08-04-2008, 11:55 AM   #18
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by playboyredd21
I think you guys who complain about the pass rush have it twisted. Are y'all complaining b'cuz on this version every time you pick up the stick and play with a good def. squad like LSU or USC you can't get 6 or 8 sacks each time out like in older versions. Let's be real. In real life, NCAA or NFL, they don't rack up sacks like that game in game out. It's more about pressure and hurries than actual sacks. Look at the Super Bowl this year. The Giants pressured the hell out of Tom Brady but how many actual sacks did they get, 2 maybe 3? Maybe y'all need to look at yourself and maybe question your playcalling or stick skills b'cuz I play mostly with Michigan and I average 1 or 2 sacks a game with a decent defense so I'm more than sure with a solid def. like LSU or USC or Ohio St. or Oklahoma I could get that average up a sack or two higher which would be realistic. What do y'all guys want? A game that plays like real life or some make believe NFL Blitz type action. Stop your whining. The game is solid and sounds like the patch will iron out most of the wrinkles it has.
No. I am complaining because I know that I can run any many pressure BnR Defense and get at least 5 picks every game against the CPU.

I am complaining because of all things, I NEVER GET SACKED!!!! Not because I am good, but because the defensive pass rush is bad. And just because you make a sack, doesn't mean the pass rush is good.

Some of you guys don't understand how crappy this game is. I run the 335 stack defense. I can literally call 335 split thunder green and shut the CPU out. Because the Robo QB thinks there is going to be pressure he throws the ball quick. He also throws a lot of bad balls. It isn't good defense, it is bad programming. I don't care what EA says, the CPU offense and defense know what your play is when it takes the field.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:13 PM   #19
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoots711
Sliders may help with dline rush and robo qbs?

but i doubt it.
I don't see how it can. If the HUM sliders currently affect the CPU and we have Break Block at 100 and PASS BLOCK at 0 and we're still not seeing a realistic amount of sacks, how will fixed CPU sliders help? They sure as hell aren't helping now.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:21 PM   #20
MVP

therizing02's Arena

Quote:
This is all because EA has programmed themselves into a catch 22. When the AI QB is hurried they will throw picks in bunches. See NCAA 2008. They had to fix the turnover bug and here is what you got. I would rather have a sketchy pass rush though instead of a pick 6 festival.
I agree although it's sad that this is what we're left with.

I cannot believe that year after year after year this development team continues to half *** this product. I'm not saying they don't work hard and that they don't care but, it seems that they have maxed out the capabilities of this engine. Fix one thing and something else goes wrong. It's vicious circle of frustration that will continue until many parts of the game are completely overhauled and redone.

Then again, why overhaul anything? Just slap the back of the box with "new features" and call it NCAA 2010, 2011....
Old 08-04-2008, 12:30 PM   #21
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
This is all because EA has programmed themselves into a catch 22. When the AI QB is hurried they will throw picks in bunches. See NCAA 2008. They had to fix the turnover bug and here is what you got.
This is exactly what I think happened. I felt the same way when they had a problem with too many fumbles. The fumbles were tied into fatigue and in order to reduce the amount of fumbles, they pretty much nixed the fatigue. However, it looks like they fixed that issue as we now have fatigue w/o fumble problems... so hopefully, we can have robo QB fixed w/o pick six issues popping up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2008, 12:50 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02

I cannot believe that year after year after year this development team continues to half *** this product. I'm not saying they don't work hard and that they don't care but, it seems that they have maxed out the capabilities of this engine. Fix one thing and something else goes wrong. It's vicious circle of frustration that will continue until many parts of the game are completely overhauled and redone.

Then again, why overhaul anything? Just slap the back of the box with "new features" and call it NCAA 2010, 2011....
What sucks is how close they are... this game shows alot of potential.

I dont care about mascot games.... I dont care about custom sounds........

If the cover of 010 read "Ncaa 2010... We fixed game play from 09) I would buy it.

The sad thing is... How can this game have worse gameplay from previous years? That is where EA is getting crushed. It looks like they dont give a sh1t and put out a half aced product.

You show me the tester who knows anything about football and after 2 games didnt say Robo qb wtf? Kick returns Wtf? No pash rush wtf? Defenders dont do anything and just stand there wtf? Te and rb outs run with slower players are unstopable against all american Lbs, safetys and zone coverages wtf? Pursuit angles wtf? Are these sliders doing anything WTF?

Honestly... Its hard to not get mad when i read the paragraph i just typed... What are we paying for? Is there any testing at all? or is that what we are doing for our $64?
Old 08-04-2008, 01:19 PM   #23
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02

Ditto. I don't know if they need a complete overhaul or go back to '08 and tweak it. Think of all the gameplay features that have been horribly implemented; Impact Players, Momemtum, HFA, Jump the snap, wide open gameplay.

Like someone else said, just give us a crapload of sliders and let us tweak the game to our liking. Arcade players will just ignore than and get what they want. Sim-heads will go into slider tweaking mode and get their desired result. Instead we get year after year of dissapointment on a game that used to be the highlight of my video game calendar.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:57 PM   #24
MVP

therizing02's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez

Like someone else said, just give us a crapload of sliders and let us tweak the game to our liking. Arcade players will just ignore than and get what they want. Sim-heads will go into slider tweaking mode and get their desired result. Instead we get year after year of dissapointment on a game that used to be the highlight of my video game calendar.
I'm certainly not a programmer but, it really does seem that simple. IS it possible? Who knows. I would think that there's a way to satisfy both types of gamers.

What needs to be overhauled?

Clearly the DL/OL play. Suction blocking has been in this game FOREVER! Just last night I'm playing MLB I see gap in the line, try to get through, and then like a magnet turn 90 degrees into an OL that's not even facing me. When does this BS stop?

CPU Playcalling

Why why WHY do I have to play against Purdue and watch Curtis Painter try to run the option. Every team runs this play even though they may not IRL.

Late game passing plays with the CPU winning the game and all they need to do is run out the clock? C'mon EA. Are you serious?

CPU Clock Management

Happens all the time. The CPU driving at the end of the game with 3 TO but hardly ever using them. What?!

Player Control

Specifically the receivers. Please tell me why in the hell on comeback routes after all these years the receiver still runs out, stops, and when you throw him the ball he's running towards the LOS? Not just a couple of steps but 5 yards.

Here's an example, last night as ND I have 4th and 6 at the Purdue 25, my receiver runs an in route to the 15, I pass him the ball and he comes all the way back to the 21 to catch it and when he does I still have no control of him. He gets crushed immediately. Turnover on downs.

It's been in the game for years. Why?

Another player control issue that has been in the game for years is the flat pass to the FB. He's taking that thing OB no matter what! Why is this still in the game?

Playbooks

At what point do we stop calling these custom playbooks? Yes, you added the Wildcat formation and I like the shotgun formation for the spread teams but, how can they be custom playbooks when I play a game as Ohio State, shut the game off to play the Madden demo, and I have the same playbook for the NY Giants?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Am I pissed? Obviously. Why? Because I look forward to 2, just 2 games EVERY year. NCAA and FIFA. To have to play with the same silly glitches ever year is a bit annoying.

I know there is time for overhauling things in a standard dev cycle. Just look at the FIFA team, just for this year they have completely rebuilt from the ground up, again in one year, the player collision system, the goalkeeper logic, the referee decision making and logic, the jostling system, and the player positioning system but, then again...... they have competition now don't they?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »