Home

NCAA 2010 Wishlist Thread

This is a discussion on NCAA 2010 Wishlist Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2008, 06:14 PM   #9
Rookie

MattyC's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA 2010 Wishlist Thread

Hair!! If my big play WR has long dreadlocks hanging out of his helmet in real-life, I want the option of having this in the game! If the kids from Hawaii grow their hair out long, I want to be able to make this change in the game. Imagine Samardzija a couple years back without those locks flowing out the back of the helmet....just doesn't look right.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:29 PM   #10
Rookie

andy4theherd's Arena

OVR: 5

get rid of all the useless stuff that takes up programming space (ie. mascot games and mini games). replace with the top 50 or so 1aa teams so i don't have to play fcs directional teams. also use this space/programming time to add all stadiums and team mascots (you had Marshall's mascot on ps2 but not next gen???). more alternate uni's (you had Marshall's green on green on ps2 but not on next gen???). team specific intros...
Old 08-19-2008, 06:32 PM   #11
Rookie

I like big jakes idea about the uniform/stadium editor. This has always been something that has peeved me about NCAA. If I am the head coach of Buffalo, and we move into the big ten and win four national championships in a row. Would we still be playing in front of a packed out crowd of 30,000 and wearing the ugliest uniforms in college football? No, 40-50,000 seats would be added and a little money could be allocated to design better unis.
NBA - New Orleans Hornets
MLB - don't really care anymore
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2008, 07:00 PM   #12
Rookie

kirkdawg's Arena

OVR: 4

-85 man rosters: What's the use of being able to sign 25 each year if there's never room without cutting players. 105 would be ideal, but I think Fairdale Kings and DKrause might have an aneurysm if the rosters had that many names

-more depth chart slots at each position: I regularly play 8-10 WR, but there are only slots for 6. If I play a lot of dime, the 5 CBs all wear out and I shouldn't have WRs coming in if I've still got CBs who just aren't on the depth chart.

-formation subs: I'd really like to see more variability in who we can put where. UGA's 3rd string QB is a gunner on the punt team and may see action as a PR. Several years ago, they also had a QB who was the personal protector on the punt team.

-recruiting: look at the rivals/scout databases for the past few years and look at where the top players come from and how many major prospects there are from each state. I find some states overrepresented, and some very underrepresented.

-team sliders: an earlier poster mentioned that he was getting 25 TD passes with an option team like GT. That shouldn't happen, nor should I have to worry about QB's with SPD ratings in the 60s running the option 4-6 times per game.

-if you're going to use directional FCS teams, give each one a distinct style. i.e. If you want to play an FCS school that runs the option, play FCS South, the spread FCS West, West Coast FCS North, etc... I'd rather we get the real FCS teams though

-new commentary: I've heard some of these lines ever since Corso and Herbstreit first did the game

-real penalty sliders: Have you seen how often holding gets called in CFB, especially on returns? I'm lucky if I see 8 holding penalties per season with the slider maxed.

-more over/underthrows: An all-american DB might get 1-2 passes deflected per game, my starters often have 4-6. It seems very difficult to have an incompletion that isn't the result of either a drop, deflection, or INT.

Things that I don't want to see:
-discipline: I hated having players who were actually academic all-conf suspended for missing class. The last year it was in the game, I followed ever recommendation it gave on discipline and ran out of points with 4 weeks left and wound up on probation. I got penalized for trying to do the right thing!!!
-campus legend mode: never used it, never will
-jump the snap: if this stays in, the play action is almost a guaranteed sack
Old 08-19-2008, 07:01 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake62505
10. Spring Practice/Spring Game/Drills
I like all your ideas but i like this one the best. It could show you who your true playmakers are, and your recruits based on how they play.

It would be cool also if you could watch a video or somthing on certain recruits. You could see what they do the best.

Also, i want a better mascot game. lmao im kidding, get rid of that.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:21 PM   #14
Rookie

MSchneider84's Arena

OVR: 6

-Do formation subs like they do in Madden. Meaning put it on the play calling screen and be able to substitute anyone in you want from the play calling screen.

-Also, why can I only substitute my defensive line when I'm in the dime?

-If my starting RB gets hurt and my backup is playing, when I put in RB sub, it should let me do it. Just take the third string RB.

Both of these issues could be fixed with issue one.
Old 08-19-2008, 10:23 PM   #15
MVP

BIG CAROLINA's Arena

OVR: 18

1. Get rid of of the new so called features every year.

2. Get rid of the dumb mascot game and use the resources for gameplay (sorry CB,you are the only one that I know who even plays it).

3. Sliders that work on the release date.

4. How about a Season mode for the people who do not play dynasty.

PSN: BIG_CAROLINA

"Life is too short for a man to hold bitterness in his heart."
Marshall W. "Major" Taylor
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2008, 10:49 PM   #16
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

A complete and total overhaul of the OL/DL interaction programming.

Seriously...everything else is secondary.

"But what if they improve pass coverage?" Won't matter....if you don't get to the QB, no defense on Planet Earth can hold up for the 10 seconds that a QB has to throw right now.

"But what if they give you improved sliders?" Won't matter....because suction blocking is not a "slider setting". And the non stop chop blocks and pancakes are also not able to be "slidered out".

Honestly folks, it's Football 101.

If your Front Four can't get pressure, gets pancaked and dominated at the Line of Scrimmage, you will not stop an offense.

I don't care what coverage you are in.

I don't care what your Secondary is rated.

It won't matter.

How do you expect to play defense when you are basically already down to 7 players because your front 4 is cannon fodder?

Try and cover all those backs and receivers, while having to manually blitz a corner or safety every single down.

You can't.

This game would be light years...light years more enjoyable on defense if we were given a fighting chance controlling the D line.

Instead..we get a system that is programmed to have the DEs engage, get pancaked, and reengage OTs instead of attacking the QB. We get DTs who do some weird "shimmy stutter step" to the left or right at the snap, get pancaked, get up, knocked down again, etc.

A QB should not have 5-10 seconds to look for a receiver. Period. If he does, there is no way any pass defense is going to stop them.

So that would be A #1 Numero Uno on my wish list. Because it is flat out depressing playing Defensive line in NCAA 2009 right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »