Home

Missed Field Goal Bug

This is a discussion on Missed Field Goal Bug within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2008, 09:15 AM   #1
Rookie

trayeight's Arena

OVR: 6
Missed Field Goal Bug

Has anyone else seen the bug where you catch a missed field goal that hit the goalpost, but they give the computer the ball on the 1 yard line? I have seen it 4 times so far, and last night it almost cost my friend a game. I don't see any mention of it in the patch list, and you would think that is the kind of thing that they would want to fix pronto.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2008, 09:18 AM   #2
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Missed Field Goal Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by trayeight
Has anyone else seen the bug where you catch a missed field goal that hit the goalpost, but they give the computer the ball on the 1 yard line? I have seen it 4 times so far, and last night it almost cost my friend a game. I don't see any mention of it in the patch list, and you would think that is the kind of thing that they would want to fix pronto.
I think this will be fixed in patch #2:

" Fixed a bug where the the ball would hit the cross bar, drop through, and not be counted."

Edit: Maybe not. I think I misread your post.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:08 AM   #3
Rookie

tylerd02's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by trayeight

I had this happen to me the other night. The CPU's field goal hit the up right and my player caught it. The next thing i know i'm picking my defense again and the computer has the ball at light their 35. Of course it happened late in a tight game. Can't remember if in won or not, not really important but i did have this happen too.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:04 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm leading 14-0 and Navy just scores a TD against me to make it 14-6, and they proceed to MISS the extra point. Then it makes ME KICKOFF TO THEM!!!!???? This is horrible...I was so mad that they ended up getting another TD on that drive, blatant bug!

I have a hunch that what may have caused this was that they bounced the extra point off the goal post and one of my defenders caught it. Then the whistle was blown dead of course, but I'm not sure.

That is why I played so rotten the rest of the game, lost focus. Barely holding on to win in an UGLY game.
SDSU Aztecs!
Old 08-08-2008, 12:59 AM   #5
six
Banned

OVR: 6

I missed a field goal, it bounced off the side bar, CPU defender catches on endzone back line and its a touch back....for me LOL now who was I to complain by this glitch going in my favor but still really annoying as it took away a good stop(RARE STOP LOL) by the CPU D
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »