Home

CPU Second Half Meltdowns

This is a discussion on CPU Second Half Meltdowns within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2008, 05:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Question CPU Second Half Meltdowns

Has anybody else had the CPU completely melt down in the second half of games?

I'm 4-0 in my Kansas State Dynasty, and the two challenging games I thought I'd see were at Louisville and hosting #11 Texas Tech.

I was winning 21-14 at Louisville, and then went on to absolutely crush them 45-21. I played Texas Tech last night and was tied 21-21 at the half, and then went on to win 58-29.

What gives with the CPU in the second half? Has anybody else seen this trend? I play All-American with slight slider modification (Interceptions and Pass Block at 0 for HUM and CPU).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2008, 05:27 PM   #2
Rookie

trayeight's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: CPU Second Half Meltdowns

Not necessarily based on the halves, but it seems to me that when I play the higher ranked teams, they pack it in early, but when I play the teams that should lay down for me, they raise up. I am Miami, and the two toughest games I had were against Bowling Green (28-21) and North Carolina (31-27). The two biggest blowouts were against #24 Texas A&M (38-7) and #5 Virginia (57-7), both on the road. Has anyone experienced the same thing?
Old 08-06-2008, 05:50 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yeah I agree with the OP. Im in a Missou/GT dynasty and when I played Texas and Clemson they were giving me the game of my life until later on.

Maybe I just adjusted better. Clemson kept it 7-3 until the 4th then I blew them out with 28 points in that qtr alone.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:06 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaTechPimp
Yeah I agree with the OP. Im in a Missou/GT dynasty and when I played Texas and Clemson they were giving me the game of my life until later on.

Maybe I just adjusted better. Clemson kept it 7-3 until the 4th then I blew them out with 28 points in that qtr alone.
You can add me to that boat...CPU really starts to stink during 2nd half.

Pheww i thought it was just me.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:12 PM   #5
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

cpu often goes into "panic mode" and simply makes horrible choices later in the game where the 4th qtr turns into the entire game from last year (as far as decisions) - usually when they are a highly ranked team which makes it more frustrating.

.... scrub schools often hold it together
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »