Home

Which previous gen NCAA should I get?

This is a discussion on Which previous gen NCAA should I get? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2008, 09:54 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 7
Which previous gen NCAA should I get?

After hearing impressions for NCAA 09 for 360/PS3, I decided to pass (Passing on Madden 09 as well). I do, however, need feed the beast that is currently craving a football game. I am going to pick up a copy of NFL2k5 for xbox, but I also want to grab a last Gen NCAA copy for either xbox or ps2. Any Suggeestions? Should I just get 09 for PS2? It's been years since I played the last gen version of NCAA. I mostly play Dynasty mode and I don't know how much the dynasty modes in previous gen has changed in the past few years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2008, 10:04 AM   #2
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Which previous gen NCAA should I get?

04 or 06

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 08-08-2008, 10:14 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY4Life
After hearing impressions for NCAA 09 for 360/PS3, I decided to pass (Passing on Madden 09 as well). I do, however, need feed the beast that is currently craving a football game. I am going to pick up a copy of NFL2k5 for xbox, but I also want to grab a last Gen NCAA copy for either xbox or ps2. Any Suggeestions? Should I just get 09 for PS2? It's been years since I played the last gen version of NCAA. I mostly play Dynasty mode and I don't know how much the dynasty modes in previous gen has changed in the past few years.

you know, you could go rent the game first and see if you like it enough to purchase it, rather than basing your decision on the rantings of rabid internet posters.

the game has it's flaws, to be sure, but there's no shortage of fun...and if you're a dynasty player, getting in an online dynasty is the top of the mountain (even if you don't schedule any user vs. user games).
Old 08-08-2008, 10:39 AM   #4
Rookie

I'll answer your question instead of trying to talk you into buying a horribly buggy and sloppy next-gen game.

If you don't mind spending the 40 bucks get the PS2 version of 09. If money is an issue get 04 or 07 IMO.

I won't touch the next-gen version until they fix some of the fundamental bugs they have allowed to exist for more than one iteration of the game. I'm perfectly happy playing the PS2 version. Its fantastic.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:03 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aciatti
I'll answer your question instead of trying to talk you into buying a horribly buggy and sloppy next-gen game.

you can't possibly think that's what i was trying to do....

but he should play it and make up his own mind rather than taking your word for it....or my word for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2008, 11:03 AM   #6
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6

Well, as for renting, you could BUY the NCAA games for less than it would cost you to rent them.

But if you've been away from Dynasty for a few years, here's the new stuff, stuff that makes the game well worth $40 in my estimation.
  1. Spring Drills. You get to participate in various drills to boost player attributes. Ultimately, using this will give you an unrealistically invincible roster within 2 years, but it's a great option to have, and you can create your own house rules regarding it.
  2. You can only change position in the PreSeason.
  3. Recruiting has been tweaked, but is essentially unchanged, a good thing in my opinion.
  4. There are Strength of Schedule and Strongest Conferences polls now. These actually have an effect on how recruits respond to you.
  5. Player Promises glitch seems to have been fixed.
  6. There are medical redshirts.
Probably other things I've left out, but as you can see, Dynasty on "last gen" has actually improved noticeably since its inception. Can the same be said for current gen...?
Old 08-09-2008, 02:26 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 14

NCAA 08 for Xbox1. Incredible game. Most well rounded football game I've ever played.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »