Home

NCAA Better than Madden?

This is a discussion on NCAA Better than Madden? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2008, 02:52 AM   #9
Rookie

wishcoats's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA Better than Madden?

This is the first year in awhile that I will just play ncaa and hold off on madden. The reason is simple. 1. The college atmosphere is much better and 2. Dynasty is more fun to me than Franchise is. I am having fun with ncaa now and will have more fun when they finally release patch 2.
Old 08-16-2008, 03:18 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 11

I got Madden today and enjoyed it. Both games are different. I considered trading in NCAA but glad I didn't.

Unfortunately I'm not certain why everyone is really looking forward to patch 2, because aside from a few bugs it doesnt address many gameplay concerns. The problems I'm having are mostly due to computer interceptions, and poor play calling. The computer will go for it on 4th down far too often and in pointless situations (very often calling fake punts). On third and longs the computer will seem to call option plays and have the QB keep the ball but the other team's QB may not necessarily be very fast allowing for me to bring him down easily.

I only play on 5 minute quarters and based on offensive stats could raise it up a bit but due to the high number of computer interceptions and defensive TDs I get my defensive stats would be jacked up.
Old 08-16-2008, 03:37 AM   #11
Rookie

wishcoats's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furq
I got Madden today and enjoyed it. Both games are different. I considered trading in NCAA but glad I didn't.

Unfortunately I'm not certain why everyone is really looking forward to patch 2, because aside from a few bugs it doesnt address many gameplay concerns. The problems I'm having are mostly due to computer interceptions, and poor play calling. The computer will go for it on 4th down far too often and in pointless situations (very often calling fake punts). On third and longs the computer will seem to call option plays and have the QB keep the ball but the other team's QB may not necessarily be very fast allowing for me to bring him down easily.

I only play on 5 minute quarters and based on offensive stats could raise it up a bit but due to the high number of computer interceptions and defensive TDs I get my defensive stats would be jacked up.
Computer interceptions were fixed for me by sliders. Njpapi's to be exact:http://www.operationsports.com/forum...4-0-final.html

I agree that there are some random poor playcalling moments but for me its not too much to break the game. The worse thing to me is robo QB but this is in madden too or atleast that is what I have read on the forums. So I mean honestly it is up to each person as its their $60. For me, there are way too many good games coming out this fall for me to spend $60 on madden. I can keep ncaa and call it a day. But that is my money. Its up to the individual. Capitalism at work
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2008, 09:50 AM   #12
MVP

I'm glad I picked up Madden but realistically I won't be playing any other game once nba 2k9 comes out

I'm even enjoying the Show quite a bit and I'm not a huge baseball fan or anything
Old 08-16-2008, 01:05 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furq

What difficulty are you playing on? It sounds to me like the reason you're having this is that the game is set way too easy. I don't see this nearly as much with modified sliders on Heisman.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:07 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by oChaos_Nine
Better game or not, I've always enjoyed NCAA more than Madden.
Thats EXACTLY how I am every year. Last year's Madden only got about a week of play time for me, and its gotten so bad that I am just not going to buy Madden because I know I just won't play it.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:25 PM   #15
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

To me Madden is mostly just glitter and flash. The graphics are really nice and the AI is good. But like most of you I just enjoy the college game more. In real life I'm more of a NFL fan but the college game just translates into a video game much better to me. Maybe because of the atmosphere and especially the commentary.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2008, 01:31 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963
To me Madden is mostly just glitter and flash. The graphics are really nice and the AI is good. But like most of you I just enjoy the college game more. In real life I'm more of a NFL fan but the college game just translates into a video game much better to me. Maybe because of the atmosphere and especially the commentary.
I actually think for me its because in Madden I can never get my favorite team to play the way I want them to. I'm a huge Colts fan, and I get tired of, say Marvin Harrison throwing a hissy fit for more money (on last-gen madden this happened to me all the time). I get tired of not being able to play 'Colts football'. In NCAA teams change so much from year-to-year that the style of game I play doesn't matter. In Madden I just get frustrated with not being able to reproduce my favorite teams style.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »