Home

Has anyone seen this?

This is a discussion on Has anyone seen this? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2008, 02:18 PM   #9
MVP

deucepoppi17's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Has anyone seen this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpheje
This is an error in the logic. The top 5 schools schedule visits when the recruit narrows his list. As teams drop out of the top 5, the recruit doesn't cancel his visit like he should and the new teams in the top 5 are now able to schedule visits.
Drop out? But the kid still takes the visit to all the schools cuz when u try to schedule ur own visit it shows he is still visiting other schools.

Plus, i'm also not in his Top 5. I'm like #7 and able to get a visit.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:19 PM   #10
Rookie

mcpheje's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Has anyone seen this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucepoppi17
Drop out? But the kid still takes the visit to all the schools cuz when u try to schedule ur own visit it shows he is still visiting other schools.

Plus, i'm also not in his Top 5. I'm like #7 and able to get a visit.
For the 1st part of your reply that's the error in the logic. The kid should cancel the visit cause the school is no longer in his top 5, but he doesn't he just allows additional visits to be scheduled.

For the 2nd part of your reply ... ??? I've never seen that. Are you able to schedule the visit as #7 or did it show up when you were in the top 5 and just never went away after you got bumped down?

Assuming the "Ready for Visit" didn't show up until you were at #7, it may be an error in the timing of when the program triggers the "OK to setup visit" code. Say the program is stepping through it's logic and you move into the top 5 which triggers the code to allow you to set up a visit, but the program is not finished and it continues to process the effect of the other schools' recruiting efforts which then cause you to be bumped out of the top 5. Unless the check is done after all schools' recruiting efforts are completed, this may be what's going on. But like I said I've never noticed it so I'm just grasping at a possibility.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »