Home

In all honesty I'm not seeing Robo QB.

This is a discussion on In all honesty I'm not seeing Robo QB. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2008, 03:46 PM   #25
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: In all honesty I'm not seeing Robo QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spymoose
Biggest problem for most people is the best play setting is probably between default AA and Heisman, something we can't replicate without working sliders. I'm really looking forward to the patch, game should be really fun with proper sliders
I agree. I consider myself a decent player and AA is just too easy with a halfway decent team. It's like AA said, you pick your poison. Do I want realistic defensive stats or do I want a challenge?

I've sided with Heisman because at least when RoboQB shows up I know I'm in for a challenge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2008, 03:57 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I agree with this. But I also wanted to clarify that we should normally see teams run for 150+ including sacks and QB rushes. Its college where the 100 yard game is not the gold standard. In fact only running for 100 without a great passing attack should get you beat.
What you say is true but I'm pretty sure Rudy's point was that looking at team totals is not a good measure of whether the running game is realistic since the QB very often loses 25+ yards per game because of dumb option read calls by the CPU. Therefore, to achieve realistic running totals for the CPU, you would need to make the backs overly effective.
Old 08-18-2008, 04:52 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
What you say is true but I'm pretty sure Rudy's point was that looking at team totals is not a good measure of whether the running game is realistic since the QB very often loses 25+ yards per game because of dumb option read calls by the CPU. Therefore, to achieve realistic running totals for the CPU, you would need to make the backs overly effective.

That QB choice option is another thing all together. I wonder if there is a way to get them to stop calling that stupid play or make it at least marginally effective.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:02 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

I see robo QB nearly every game on heisman and more times than not on all-american...

Facing a good QB [say 86 ovr or higher] on hesiman, he's going to slice & dice my defense [my team has 3 89+ OVR rated DBs] up the field until he scores or throws a pick... This is with DEF AWR & DEF KD at 100, PB at 0 & QB ACC at 40...

CPU completion %'s on heisman is near 75%, about 67% on AA... Way, way too high given my defense [Wolverines] is rated quite highly and my defensive play calling work just fine against Madden's AI.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:07 PM   #29
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
If the cpu would just call good running plays, that would help a lot.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:19 PM   #30
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
If the cpu would just call good running plays, that would help a lot.
Without a doubt. The cpu absolutely needs a system to keep track of the plays it called and how successful they are during a game. Then it needs to incorporate that info into it's play calling logic.

Maybe even save the play success/failure info and use it as a one time deal for a half time adjustment. Ex: The cpu sees it called the qb option 9 times the first half for -12 yards total. In the 2nd half it adjusts it's play calling and stays away from that play for the most part. I wouldn't want it to turn into the only criteria for calling plays to avoid the cpu only calling a handful of plays that were successful in the first half, but whether or not a play has worked for the cpu certainly should be a part of what it calls.

You could even expand that to play types. Have the cpu just keep track of general play types, like run up the gut, run outside, counter/trap, option, shotgun handoffs, etc.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:29 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 17

Fist, reason you might not see any robo QB at this point is that you have the sliders JACKED in favor of the DBs now. I have no idea how you are controlling the INTs though as I still get a LOT of them and I have awareness at 45 and KND at 80. I have to think I would average 4+ INTs/game with your sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2008, 09:36 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
Fist, reason you might not see any robo QB at this point is that you have the sliders JACKED in favor of the DBs now. I have no idea how you are controlling the INTs though as I still get a LOT of them and I have awareness at 45 and KND at 80. I have to think I would average 4+ INTs/game with your sliders.
Its very odd, but having higher knockdowns make them go for the swat as opposed to going for the pick. One reason is that they are defending tighter and not out in space where they break on the bad throw and go for the pick. I think 80 is too low, it really needs to be around 95, maybe even 100.

The game is in bad shape anyway until we get the patch. The CPU running game is becoming non-existant with the awareness set at above 50.

I am confident we'll have a good game if the sliders are fixed. I played 3 games last night and did not see Robo QB. Held them to completion % of 48, 54, 63.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »