Home

Tips and tricks thread - Establishing a pass rush

This is a discussion on Tips and tricks thread - Establishing a pass rush within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2008, 01:04 PM   #17
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Tips and tricks thread - Establishing a pass rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca
I get to many sacks.....with the CPU pass blocking at 20 and break block turned down to 80 which is more median than most sliders I've seen....I racked up 22 sacks with Everson Griffen...I watched my brother play a season as Tennessee on these and he had nearly 30...

The one thing that I can assuredly say though is it is easier to rush from the right side than the left side, that may be because most RT's are worse than LT's.
good call man. finally someone that gets that having breakblock at 100 is more of a prob than a good thing. we have very hard heisman sliders with bb at 70 and pass block at 0. the lowest in our dyansty is 97 place in sacks. the best is 3rd place and he has 39 sacks (ohio st.). i only run zone (im wisonsin and they are all zone cover guys) and i blitz about 3 to 5 times a game. i avg. three sacks a game all coverage. i keep reading that we should run man. i laugh at that because i am dominating in pass coverage with a zone scheme. also i bump alot in zone because they do throw quick and the backers cut off the lane on the quick pass and i get alot of picks this way. i never jump the snap. actually i dont even know what button it is on 360. pass % are on the money too. well not quite but close. we have to many guys in the low 60% range. much more than real life. but not off by far. stats look good but the pressure is still slow to get there. the dline takes to many steps before they engage. pancakes are at a minimum in our dyansty for us and the cpu. also i just changed my rough the qb slider in penalty's and they are diving for sacks more instead of jumping in the qb's face. who ever figured that out props to you. way to be productive instead of just bitching like most. i play with the mlb and i think you have to if you run zone. you also cant let your outside backers go head up. keep them inside. i never even run nickle unless its 3rd and long. i really fill that getting coverage sacks and tricking the qb to throw quick into zone are two ways to get ahead on d. going man up without blitzers seems to be suicide at least if you playing the cpu on heisman like men. : )
Old 08-25-2008, 04:39 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

i also play on heisman, play mostly man, bump and run....mixing it up with show blitz...pick your spots with blitzes the outside is your best friend. Either sending outside LB's or a nickle back...sending more than one or two guys on a pass blitz is foolish imo...the comp is too smart and will read a thunder blitz coming at him and dump it right off. I also consistently use rush out as i think anything up the middle wont work too well. All in all i would say get good at safety if you can help cover the slants and drags you should get some coverage sacks or at least give time for the blitzer to get there.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:23 AM   #19
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

[quote=baumy300;2038640082]What about you? What do YOU do to get sacks?

I play NCAA 06 on the ps2 or NCAA 08 on the 360, that is my work around for getting sacks in my games.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:54 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 34

This isstill an area of great frustration for me.

Ideally I would love to control a down lineman for the majority of the game. Not because I do nothave the stick skills to play LB or CB or S, but I firmly believe that defense begins with disrupting the line of scrimmage.

I..just..cant..get..it..to..work.

Even though the CPU goes on 1 99% of the time, Im neverable to jump the snap, by the time I pass or run commit, Im sucked out of the play, and find myself just having a overall non impact on the game.

Last edited by sportyguyfl31; 08-26-2008 at 02:59 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:59 AM   #21
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
This isstill an area of great frustration for me.

Ideally I would love to control a down lineman for the majority of the game. Not because I do nothave the stick skills to play LB or CB or S, but I firmly believe that defense begins with dirsupting the line of scrimmage.

I..just..cant..get..it..to..work.

Even though the CPU goes on 1 99% of the time, Im neverable to jump the snap, by thetime I pss or sun commit, Im sucked out of the play, and find myself justhaving a overall non impact on the game.
There is no aggressiveness off the line whatsoever. IRL it's a fast, violent reaction when the ball is snapped. In NCAA your guys stand up and then run into the OL and lock arms.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2008, 12:14 PM   #22
Rookie

Roy38's Arena

OVR: 2

I agree with you sportsguyfl31. I absolutely loved playing with a DT in past years versions. I liked being able to contain the A and B gaps on rushing plays and pushing the pocket into the QB, and letting my guys contain everything else, but on this years version it can't happen due to the insane blocking ability of offensive linemen regardless of rating. It irritates me to no end when I bust through the line breathing down the QB's neck only to see my guy do a complete 180 back into the offensive lineman. Maybe he can't get enough of that O-Lineman's deodorant.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:42 PM   #23
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
I always play as the defensive tackle.

1. Do not bring your DBs up. I firmly believe that if you play tight coverage, the CPU will automatically "quick pass" the ball because it senses a blitz. The only time I'll jam WRs for the most part is if I'm bringing a corner or safety blitz to get them there quicker.
Interesting. Whenever I blitz I bring up my DBs to play bump and run on the (logical) theory that B&R will buy my blitzers an extra second to get to the QB.

But you're right -- as soon as you play B&R the QB identifies it and uncorks the ball the instant he gets the snap.
Old 08-26-2008, 03:03 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
I always play as the defensive tackle.

3. Press straight down on the controller and don't use a special move at the snap. If you use a special move, many times the CPU will make your DT suddenly do some stupid "shimmy move" to the left or right, wasting valuable time for you and possibly leading to you getting pancaked.
Interesting, I'll give this a try

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »