Home

Patch #2 PS3 Status

This is a discussion on Patch #2 PS3 Status within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 08:04 PM   #33
NCAA Football 09 Software Engineer

OVR: 6
Re: Patch #2 PS3 Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by packmanuk
Patch 1 should be out next week. Patch 2 is being submitted for certification today.

This was on the 1st AUG.

Was this not true ? If it was true why did it take so log to find a fault with the ps3 version (24 days)
Patch 2 was sent to Sony right after Patch 1 went live on PS3. Sometime before they started testing (I'm not really sure when) we told them to hold off because we discovered a potential problem. We lost a bunch of time in our testing for reasons beyond our control, namely Tropical Storm Fay. Luckily it was a false alarm, otherwise we would have to fix the problem, test it, have CQC test it, and then finally send it back to Sony.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:07 PM   #34
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDowns430
Patch 2 was sent to Sony right after Patch 1 went live on PS3. Sometime before they started testing (I'm not really sure when) we told them to hold off because we discovered a potential problem. We lost a bunch of time in our testing for reasons beyond our control, namely Tropical Storm Fay. Luckily it was a false alarm, otherwise we would have to fix the problem, test it, have CQC test it, and then finally send it back to Sony.
Glad it was a false alarm or otherwise it would've been quite a ways down the road before we saw the patch.

Again, is it frustrating? Absolutely, but to me at least knowing whats going on is better than being left in the dark.

Just my .02

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-25-2008, 08:10 PM   #35
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDowns430
So patch 2 is in Sony's hands right now and ready for release anyday now? Doesn't sound like there is much left to do. Then again, I'm not the patch timeline guru.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:11 PM   #36
Rookie

ASU_Alumni's Arena

OVR: 1
Icon8 Re: Patch #2 PS3 Status

Agreed. While I appreciate the patches and updates, the information provided is highly discouraging. This game was released in mid-July. We're going into September and PS3 owners still do not have a finished product. Unfortunately EA has convinced consumers to spend $60 for this game upfront and wait for the remainder of the product to be released at a random future date. IMHO, the patches used to fix these "bugs" sound more like the result of operating inefficiencies. Don't meet the deadline? Launch 85% of the game (with KNOWN issues), collect 300% of the cost, and fix the remaining issues when/if deemed necessary. Not good for the consumer.

Additionally, it is beyond me why the XB360 version of NCAA is available in 1080p, yet the blue-ray enabled PS3 system is not (only 720p). If the game is "ported" from the XB360 system to the PS3, then the PS3 version should cost less than the XB360 version. Technically, PS3 owners are paying the same price for a lesser quality game (visually).

On a good note, this is clearly the most entertaining collegiate football title that I have played to date. Online dynasty is off the chain (to say the least), and there are plenty enough features in the game to keep me engaged just enough to buy it again next year. To reiterate, the updates and patches are genuinely appreciated. EA is close to creating a "dynasty" with this series, and hopefully candid critiques and informative posts like many that I've read in this forum will help them get there.

September 20, 2008 (Sun Devil Stadium):

(1) Georgia 35
(16) Arizona St. 38

*Okay maybe it's a stretch, but here's hoping.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:42 PM   #37
Rookie

uncrayray261402's Arena

OVR: 3

Okay so when us PS3 owners get the patch this will NOT be included: uniforms will not get "dirty" in a downpour, fields will remain the same as though it has not been played on-must be due to great field crews, there will be no score overlays that were in Madden 93 (15 yrs ago, come on now?), the qb will still scramble and your dbs and lbs will still be in their back peddle, the mascot games will still be included so no App. State or Furman or whatever you chose-so have fun playing Southwest FCS...horrible...you will not see Notre Dame walk down the steps and touch the sign on the way to field. I admit the game is years beyond last years game in some aspects...minus the field degradation and uniform wear and tear...we have no alternatives people, so we are stuck with this lemon full of those wonderful bugs...NO COMPETITION=NO INCENTIVE....sweet...
Old 08-25-2008, 08:45 PM   #38
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncrayray261402
Okay so when us PS3 owners get the patch this will NOT be included: uniforms will not get "dirty" in a downpour, fields will remain the same as though it has not been played on-must be due to great field crews, there will be no score overlays that were in Madden 93 (15 yrs ago, come on now?), the qb will still scramble and your dbs and lbs will still be in their back peddle, the mascot games will still be included so no App. State or Furman or whatever you chose-so have fun playing Southwest FCS...horrible...you will not see Notre Dame walk down the steps and touch the sign on the way to field. I admit the game is years beyond last years game in some aspects...minus the field degradation and uniform wear and tear...we have no alternatives people, so we are stuck with this lemon full of those wonderful bugs...NO COMPETITION=NO INCENTIVE....sweet...
just so you know, the 2nd patch on the 360 doesn't include those either.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-25-2008, 08:46 PM   #39
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncrayray261402

This isn't the thread for you to shout from your soapbox.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:52 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Thanks for the update. Anxiously awaiting this patch as the first one on the train (with Madden and HC to follow later). From what it sounds like it's in Sony's hands, so I wouldn't think that it's too far away.

But come on...you couldn't just turn off the Weather Channel feature to get rid of Fay?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »