Home

I can't sack the QB vs. CPU!!!

This is a discussion on I can't sack the QB vs. CPU!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2008, 06:30 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 24
Re: I can't sack the QB vs. CPU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectRipCity
AA is a lil different than heisman...But you can sack the QB 4/10 if you bring the SS for the pash rush.
Heisman mode is just plain cheating when the CPU has the ball, and with the sliders I have for AA offense is a tremendous challenge. The CPU QB actually misfires a ton and there are at most 2 picks a game. Scores are a bit low as are yards but I don't mind.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:56 PM   #18
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler289
Heisman mode is just plain cheating when the CPU has the ball, and with the sliders I have for AA offense is a tremendous challenge. The CPU QB actually misfires a ton and there are at most 2 picks a game. Scores are a bit low as are yards but I don't mind.
The cpu is juiced on heisman default but with good sliders, Heisman is very playable, doesn't cheat and is better than AA. My skills are between both levels (probably more suited to AA) and there are pluses and minuses to both.

Quite frankly, the cpu's rushing attack is pathetic on AA. They throw too many picks as well (I've still seen the odd 4 and 5 INT game while a 0 INT game is rare). I can make offense hard enough for myself but the cpu offense isn't good enough which makes AA a little more boring and not good enough.

On Heisman, the cpu offense is a lot better and so is the defense (too good for me at default). The main problem on this level is the cpu super pass protection and super good QB play. Again, many of this can be fixed with sliders making Heisman better than AA. If you've got a good AA set, click on my sig to turn it into a Heisman slider set that will play very similar to your AA set - just better. You'll have to trust me and just play one game with your own sliders converted for Heisman. I've got the same conversion spreadsheet posted on OS as well: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ng-gap-aa.html .

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 09-09-2008 at 07:02 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:22 PM   #19
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by leetdemon
i agree with this man, he speaks the truth....

any of you that dont see this are either fanboys or dont know what realistic football is.
what a well thought out post. Thanks for sharing.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-09-2008, 07:31 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 9

I agree that the pass rush is essentially broken. The majority of my sacks, as others have said, come from screen plays or via coverage. Rarely, if at all, will I get a sack if I overload/blitz the line of scrimmage against the CPU on AA. Once in a while, I'll get a random game where my pass rush is great but those games are rare.

Blitzing is definitely suicide. 90% of the time I get burned if I blitz the CPU because the QB will know exactly where to throw the ball. At this point, I rarely blitz but try to pressure the QB with my four lineman and "pray" for a coverage sack. I'm having fun with the game but the line play in this game is terrible and frustrating at times.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:32 PM   #21
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

view this for what its worth

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2008, 03:48 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
Pass rush is broken, I don't care what anybody else says.

Can you get sacks? Yes.

Are they realistic? Not at all.

The CPU does not panic, well 99.9% of the time. Most of the sacks come on screen plays where they hold on the ball too long. Rarely will you have a guy beat an OL and make a sack.

The OL/DL interaction is terrible in this game. I have just given up on trying to get any type of pass rush.

That whole "load this side/blitz/create mismatch" is thrown out of the window because CPU QBs know when you're coming and they fire it to the right WR 99% of the time. It's not like the pressure will flush them from the pocket...they just throw off their back foot with great accuracy.

This post sums it up 100 percent accurately, game is still fun but have given up on a realistic pass rush as well

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »