Home

That sucks..well it will be alright I guess

This is a discussion on That sucks..well it will be alright I guess within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2008, 11:23 AM   #25
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: That sucks..well it will be alright I guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Here are my tips for running:

* use slide protection

* leave speed burst alone unless you are breaking away. The only time I use speed burst is when I am in the clear or I might tap it to get to the corner or into an opening hole. Other than that, I leave it alone.

* use your blockers

* just because you call a run to the right, doesn't mean you have to run to the right. Don't be afraid to cutback to open field or open holes. If you have 5 blockers on the right but the defense has 6 or 7 defenders in that area, you're going to lose the battle more often than not.

Just my quick tips for running.
your on the money with these countryboy. i can take wisconsin online on heisman level and dominate with a power back. some guys dont like them but if you dont burst and get behind your fb or guard you can get 4 to 6 yards a carry and dominate. not hitting speed burst is the best advice. also if you roll out alot or use playaction alot dont burst with your qb while rolling out. this will open up your passing game more as the defenders engage in burst when you do. if you never do then they wont on their pass defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2008, 01:00 PM   #26
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
your on the money with these countryboy. i can take wisconsin online on heisman level and dominate with a power back. some guys dont like them but if you dont burst and get behind your fb or guard you can get 4 to 6 yards a carry and dominate. not hitting speed burst is the best advice. also if you roll out alot or use playaction alot dont burst with your qb while rolling out. this will open up your passing game more as the defenders engage in burst when you do. if you never do then they wont on their pass defense.
sound advice there thelasthurtknee. Its my opinion that user speed burst = amped up cpu players.

just my .02

I am guilty though of using speed burst on PA Rollouts because I am afraid if I don't, I'll get hit in the backfield. Well, I more often than not get hit in the backfield when using speed burst so...

Great heads up man. And again, thanks for the sound advice.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-17-2008, 02:17 PM   #27
Rookie

Jballer's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
Well, I typically use a speed back myself because of the homerun play they are capable of. Should I use more speed burst than you? Im thinking about going to power back this next season because I can see what you mean. Power back=consistency of being able to grind the clock out and slowly move down the field with consistency VS. a speed back who while might take one long to the house, is less able to get a consistent 4-6 yd gain and probably is more fumble prone due to the faster motion. Im having trouble getting a consistent running game going so the D sets back in coverage and swats down all my passes. I have a good QB and good WR's but last game I finished just 15/31 because they saw I could not run. Im telling you everyone has been bashing this game but Im lovin it more than I usually do. Yes I have the occasional Robo-QB and LB with a 100 in vertical, but you know what, every now and then a QB DOES go off like that. I can understand those who have it every game but I attribute that to either A. playing on a level too high for them or B. bad sliders.

Great advice on not using the speed burst. I cant wait to try it when I get home tonight. Im used to the turbo, turbo, turbo spin..GONE! for 50 yd TD runs. Now I have to actually run like a running back.

NCAA Football 2009-IM LOVIN IT
Old 09-17-2008, 02:23 PM   #28
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I think you should still use turbo on sweeps. It's just the inside runs that you shouldn't do it unless you are in the clear. That's my philosophy anyways although I'm not a great runner. I still have yet to do any fancy left stick jukes and just rely on the good 'ole right stick juke for all my moves.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:48 PM   #29
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I think you should still use turbo on sweeps. It's just the inside runs that you shouldn't do it unless you are in the clear. That's my philosophy anyways although I'm not a great runner. I still have yet to do any fancy left stick jukes and just rely on the good 'ole right stick juke for all my moves.
Whoa whoa, you can also do jukes w/ the left stick?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 09-17-2008, 03:11 PM   #30
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshiznetno1
Whoa whoa, you can also do jukes w/ the left stick?
I think you are supposed to be able to pull off those shimmy moves like the demo video with McFadden using the L-stick. Not sure though as I'm not good on the stick skills like that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »