Home

No Formation SUbs is KILLING Dynasty for me

This is a discussion on No Formation SUbs is KILLING Dynasty for me within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2008, 04:00 PM   #17
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: No Formation SUbs is KILLING Dynasty for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoots711
Funny thing about this is they could find people to do it for free...

Goto any major football college in america and you would have hundreds of vols to beta this game. I went to penn state and my ps1 probably saw thousands of NCAA games on it...

They just need people to play... and play and play some more.
The problem is the location of Triburon. Orlando, Florida home to the UCF (in Florida this stands for "U Can't Finish.... anywhere else") Golden Knights where admission is so lenient that you only need a drivers license and to pass a sobriety test. This may be part of the problem with Triburon knowing that a number of it's employees have been given a degree from U Can't Finish. Notice I didn't say EARN!!
Old 09-16-2008, 04:33 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
The problem is the location of Triburon. Orlando, Florida home to the UCF (in Florida this stands for "U Can't Finish.... anywhere else") Golden Knights where admission is so lenient that you only need a drivers license and to pass a sobriety test. This may be part of the problem with Triburon knowing that a number of it's employees have been given a degree from U Can't Finish. Notice I didn't say EARN!!
Yeah.. they probably should just all cheat on their tests and classes like a certain other unnamed florida school...

Sorry... couldnt resist
Old 09-16-2008, 04:36 PM   #19
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoots711
Yeah.. they probably should just all cheat on their tests and classes like a certain other unnamed florida school...

Sorry... couldnt resist
We at least need a GED to get into FSU.

Hopefully with the NCAA team moving to Baton Rouge, they will be near a real University that actually plays football.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:26 PM   #20
Rookie

BuckeyesFan21's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
on defense as well it would be nice. I wish they would take it one step FURTHER and allow us to have different personnel for the SAME formation. It would be great on offense and defense had say 3 personnel options per formation.

Example: Dime defense with 3 possible groups of kids named: Run Stop, Balance, pass stop. Then you could put personnel in each. Would be a great way to easily get substitutions in the game as well as get the specific personnel in the game WITHOUT having to get out of DIME.

Offense example Pro Split back formation: RUN, BALANCE, PASS
this would enable me to have FB in for run, 2 HBs for balance and my best to pass catching HBs for PASS or best blockers for PASS.

I don't believe this would be that hard to implement and it would totally rock.
That would be great.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:54 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
on defense as well it would be nice. I wish they would take it one step FURTHER and allow us to have different personnel for the SAME formation. It would be great on offense and defense had say 3 personnel options per formation.

Example: Dime defense with 3 possible groups of kids named: Run Stop, Balance, pass stop. Then you could put personnel in each. Would be a great way to easily get substitutions in the game as well as get the specific personnel in the game WITHOUT having to get out of DIME.

Offense example Pro Split back formation: RUN, BALANCE, PASS
this would enable me to have FB in for run, 2 HBs for balance and my best to pass catching HBs for PASS or best blockers for PASS.

I don't believe this would be that hard to implement and it would totally rock.
Yeah they had this is past Madden's and/or NCAA's. It was basically just package subs like they have now (selecting with R stick), but you could create your own packages and name them what you wanted. IMO this is far better than formation subs. Formation subs are basically changing the depth chart for a specific formation. But creating your own packages for a formation lets you have as many combinations as you want.

And yes the R stick for changing packages this year is FAR TOO UNRESPONSIVE. Give us buttons to scroll through them, or even better, press a button to bring up the list of packages for a given formation and we can select from the list.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2008, 06:23 PM   #22
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
It used to be like that... hard to get into all the classes to graduate in 4 years and easy to get in.

Not anymore! And I managed to finish in 4 years when I was there 10 years ago.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:24 PM   #23
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
We at least need a GED to get into FSU.

Hopefully with the NCAA team moving to Baton Rouge, they will be near a real University that actually plays football.
The NCAA team isn't moving to Baton Rouge. We are opening a testing center there. The one at Tiburon will remain, as will the NCAA team.

And I don't see what testers have to do with Formation Subs not being in the game.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:40 PM   #24
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
The NCAA team isn't moving to Baton Rouge. We are opening a testing center there. The one at Tiburon will remain, as will the NCAA team.

And I don't see what testers have to do with Formation Subs not being in the game.
Because if the tester does not have a better than average knowledge of football strategy they don't miss or understand the importance of formation subs and packages.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »