Home

No Formation SUbs is KILLING Dynasty for me

This is a discussion on No Formation SUbs is KILLING Dynasty for me within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2008, 04:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
No Formation SUbs is KILLING Dynasty for me

When you become a powerhouse after a few years, you have depth everywhere. I don't just like to play my backups when the game is over or due to injury. I'd actually like to get them meaningful PT, esp my rb's. I HATE having to use the right stick to "spell hb" every time, because then I can't use my backup qb or te, etc. And there is no way to change defensive players unless you manually do it through the depth chart..I really hope they bring htis back. It would allow me to use more of my players and to cut down on useless time adjusting depth charts and "spell hb" stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2008, 04:59 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: No Formation SUbs is KILLING Dynasty for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmoneyH3
When you become a powerhouse after a few years, you have depth everywhere. I don't just like to play my backups when the game is over or due to injury. I'd actually like to get them meaningful PT, esp my rb's. I HATE having to use the right stick to "spell hb" every time, because then I can't use my backup qb or te, etc. And there is no way to change defensive players unless you manually do it through the depth chart..I really hope they bring htis back. It would allow me to use more of my players and to cut down on useless time adjusting depth charts and "spell hb" stuff.
on defense as well it would be nice. I wish they would take it one step FURTHER and allow us to have different personnel for the SAME formation. It would be great on offense and defense had say 3 personnel options per formation.

Example: Dime defense with 3 possible groups of kids named: Run Stop, Balance, pass stop. Then you could put personnel in each. Would be a great way to easily get substitutions in the game as well as get the specific personnel in the game WITHOUT having to get out of DIME.

Offense example Pro Split back formation: RUN, BALANCE, PASS
this would enable me to have FB in for run, 2 HBs for balance and my best to pass catching HBs for PASS or best blockers for PASS.

I don't believe this would be that hard to implement and it would totally rock.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:34 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

they have it for madden so they can do it
Old 09-15-2008, 05:42 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Its rather pathetic that 3 years into next gen we still cant do it.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:35 AM   #5
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I hate the R-stick package thing as well. It's not very responsive. Why did they have to change it from the square button (PS3)? Formation subs would be great. I used to love using it to give an extra LB time in the nickel or put better pass rushers in on the DL. Using it for RBs to get time (3rd down back, just getting them more carries) was also really nice. I can't imagine this not being in the game next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2008, 08:50 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I can't imagine this not being in the game next year.
i said that last year... and the year before...

There is no way anyone who was any clue about football played or tested this game... There is just no way.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:01 AM   #7
Rookie

vaiano7's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoots711
i said that last year... and the year before...

There is no way anyone who was any clue about football played or tested this game... There is just no way.
Is there anyone who knows how I can apply for a job on the testing and consulting team? I know that the pay may not be much, but I would really like someone with football experience above pee-wee, and a conscious, aware human being with football coaching experience, as well as someone who loves the video game eough to play 2,500 games in one calender year to have a say in the making of the game.

I started with the '06 version. Played the '05 at a friends house, and have watched the game get steadily worse over the past 4 seasons. I really have started spending my time on other things, but I must confess, I would rather be playing this game if it was worth a squirt.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:16 AM   #8
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I hate the R-stick package thing as well. It's not very responsive. Why did they have to change it from the square button (PS3)? Formation subs would be great. I used to love using it to give an extra LB time in the nickel or put better pass rushers in on the DL. Using it for RBs to get time (3rd down back, just getting them more carries) was also really nice. I can't imagine this not being in the game next year.
Isn't the old formation subs button now one of the play calling buttons?

My Video Game Streams

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »