Home

Recruiting Spreadsheet

This is a discussion on Recruiting Spreadsheet within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2008, 01:59 PM   #1
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Recruiting Spreadsheet

anyone have a good recruiting spreadsheet they'd be willing to share?

busting out the ole pen and paper is fine, but more organization would be great!

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2008, 03:05 PM   #2
MVP

deucepoppi17's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Recruiting Spreadsheet

Recruiting? Such as what?
Old 09-16-2008, 03:16 PM   #3
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucepoppi17
Recruiting? Such as what?
I don't know, recruits per position, rank, needs,depth, etc.....

Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:24 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

This is what I use. Feel free to remove or change the Florida Gators logo, of course.

Also, I made this using OpenOffice on a linux computer, so it may look and act weird for you MicroShaft Office/Winblows or Mac computer users.
Attached Files
File Type: zip RecruitingSheet.zip (56.8 KB, 159 views)
Old 09-16-2008, 03:28 PM   #5
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrel
This is what I use. Feel free to remove or change the Florida Gators logo, of course.

Also, I made this using OpenOffice on a linux computer, so it may look and act weird for you MicroShaft Office/Winblows or Mac computer users.
Cool, i'll give that a shot when i get home. Thanks!

Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2008, 04:08 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

Great spreadsheet!! I just opened it up and I can't figure out exactly what data that you enter in there. Could you explain it it a little more or post one of your completed sheets as a reference. I feel stupid asking this (especially since I am a computer programmer), but this looks like exactly what I have been wanting to keep track of my teams and I want to make sure that I am using it correctly. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:10 PM   #7
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:

Good look on the OpenOffice + Linux combo.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 09-16-2008, 08:54 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by weblink21
Great spreadsheet!! I just opened it up and I can't figure out exactly what data that you enter in there. Could you explain it it a little more or post one of your completed sheets as a reference. I feel stupid asking this (especially since I am a computer programmer), but this looks like exactly what I have been wanting to keep track of my teams and I want to make sure that I am using it correctly. Thanks in advance.
I actually print it out blank and use pencil to keep track of things. But, you could use this as a soft copy, too, I suppose.

First, You'll notice that T, G, DE, and OLB have an L or R subset (for left or right). As these positions are grouped together for recruiting purposes regardless of subset, I keep track of them as T, G, DE, and OLB from the # Desired column, on.

The first column, # On Team, is the number of players at each position on the team. I like to keep track of how many players I have at each position because I tend to want the same number of players at each position from one year to the next (or close).

The second column is split in two, # Leaving by graduation and by declaring for the draft or transfer. The first sub-column is easy to fill: those who are SR or SR(RS). The second sub-column is filled once you've finished (trying) to talk those who are leaving early or transferring into staying. So, you can fill your recruiting board based on what you know from the first sub-column and what you guess would happen in the second sub-column.

The third column, # Desired, is simply, how many players at that position you want. This is simply another aid in trying to fill your recruiting board.

The fourth column, High Priority?, is a way of letting me keep track of the positions I desperately want or need to fill.

We finally get to the recruiting section, In-Season and Off-Season.

The first column here is a rundown of the number of players I have on my board during the season. This count is always fluid because I'll remove a player at one position to add one at another. But I like to know where I have an abundance of players compared to what I need, especially when I land some players, filling a need.

The second column here is a tally of players I've landed during the season.

Next, under Off-Season, I have another Recruiting Board count. By nature of players declaring early or transferring, the Recruiting Board could look drastically different between Off-Season and In-Season. Again, it could be fluid from week to week, depending on how deep into Off-Season recruiting you need to go.

Then, you have a week-by-week tally. Why this way for Off-Season and not In-Season? Well, this sheet evolved from what I used to use for PS2 version, where recruiting worked quite differently and the crux of recruiting happened during the off-season. This is my first year on PS3. If I wanted to put more time and effort into it, I would probably change this sheet again to something more suited to the current generation of NCAA football.

The other superfluous information:
  • Year Transition - something like 2008 to 2009.
  • Noteworthy Names - the PS2 version used to show the top three recruits each school landed. This is where I would note that.
  • Recruiting Notes - miscellaneous notes I keep, such as if I promised a player a certain jersey number (again, PS2 thing), etc.
If anyone wants to edit it some and make improvements, please do; repost it here. I don't mind making this something of a community document.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »