Home

I'm addicted to SPEED!!!!!

This is a discussion on I'm addicted to SPEED!!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2008, 02:44 PM   #9
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: I'm addicted to SPEED!!!!!

Sliders take care of that. After you fix your sliders and you still kill much better teams with your speedy 2* guys then there is nothing you can do you are just that good, but I would think fixing your sliders would make a huge difference.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:50 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
Sliders take care of that. After you fix your sliders and you still kill much better teams with your speedy 2* guys then there is nothing you can do you are just that good, but I would think fixing your sliders would make a huge difference.
sliders can't fix speed in this game as the AI is too bad. have to house rule against speed or simply enjoy killing the CPU.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:07 PM   #11
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
sliders can't fix speed in this game as the AI is too bad. have to house rule against speed or simply enjoy killing the CPU.
I disagree with sliders fixing speed. I run as UGA and Knowshown can be stoped for me. I got my slider set from some guy on here and the cpu will bring him down in the open field. I have been held to just 3.2 yards per touch. In my rosters set he is 94 spd and Vandy last night held me to 70 yards rushing and 20 receiving with a C rated D. The next game (Tenn rated as A- D) I moved my rb ability up a bit and ran for 168 and 114 throught the air. So the right sliders do kill speed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2008, 03:26 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
I disagree with sliders fixing speed. I run as UGA and Knowshown can be stoped for me. I got my slider set from some guy on here and the cpu will bring him down in the open field. I have been held to just 3.2 yards per touch. In my rosters set he is 94 spd and Vandy last night held me to 70 yards rushing and 20 receiving with a C rated D. The next game (Tenn rated as A- D) I moved my rb ability up a bit and ran for 168 and 114 throught the air. So the right sliders do kill speed.
well this must be a function of the style of offense you run then. I know this, speed + spread formations = non stop home runs and zero fun vs. CPU.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:45 PM   #13
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
well this must be a function of the style of offense you run then. I know this, speed + spread formations = non stop home runs and zero fun vs. CPU.
I don't have a problem with speed in this game. I'm not that good that I have to limit myself with house rules. You, fistofrage and stewaat are among the elite gamers here and have to restrict yourself in ways that most of us don't have to worry about. I don't run the spread but having speed at tailback certainly doesn't help me beat the cpu consistently.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:51 PM   #14
stewaat

OVR:

If you run a balanced offense with mainly 2 WR sets then speed shouldn't matter too much. The exploitation resides in 3 & 4 WR sets where they put a LB on your fast WR. If there's a LB on a 95+ speed WR and that WR is set to run straight down the field it is almost an automatic touchdown. You buy a little time and the WR outruns the LB. This is assuming there is no safety help.

I probably play the game too much haha. You just start to see patterns and can't help but notice how to exploit them. I'll say that having a faster HB doesn't lead to as much cheese IF you don't motion him out of the backfield and have him run a fly and/or you don't run the cheesy play out of the backfield in which the LB can't keep up.

Old 09-22-2008, 03:53 PM   #15
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I run conventional offenses and never use motion other than automotion. Kind of hard to cheese that way I guess. Plus my stick skills are mediocre and I never manual catch either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2008, 04:00 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I don't have a problem with speed in this game. I'm not that good that I have to limit myself with house rules. You, fistofrage and stewaat are among the elite gamers here and have to restrict yourself in ways that most of us don't have to worry about. I don't run the spread but having speed at tailback certainly doesn't help me beat the cpu consistently.

I'm clearly not elite, I have a diificult time beating humans. But I can abuse the AI with mismatches if I don't houserule some things out. The only thing I'm really good at is running the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »