Home

The lack of CPU deep balls is driving me nuts

This is a discussion on The lack of CPU deep balls is driving me nuts within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2008, 12:00 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: The lack of CPU deep balls is driving me nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by renatus
even worse for me is the CPU going to the spread option with slow footed QB´s and keep doing it even down by 2+ scores.
Ah yes, ye ole Cement Shoe Shuffle.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:11 PM   #10
Pro

huntt26's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by renatus
even worse for me is the CPU going to the spread option with slow footed QB´s and keep doing it even down by 2+ scores.
Yep, while it's cool to win and get some easy defensive stops this way.. it still makes me sad.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:50 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Wow, nicely done. Had you managed to fit the word gonads into the title as well, I would've given you a dollar.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2008, 08:23 PM   #12
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by crques
I was playing the PS2 last night against USC and on the very first play of the game, playaction pass and Sanchez threw about a 65 yard pass down the sidelines. He actually threw 6 or 7 balls over 40 yards against me, completing 3 of them. That's why I spend most of my time on the PS2 version these days, even though it's a little graphically challenged when compared to the PS3.
I am honestly considering getting a PS2 just to play NCAA 09. I have grown pretty annoyed with a number of things with NCAA 09 (and those before it) while playing the CPU.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:24 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 20

Another I left out was the CPU's inability espcially with QB's to find the hole and hit it. Honestly I don't know how many times I have seen the CPU cut it outside into multiple defenders when there was gaping whole up the middle. Ghost jukes don't help the situation either. To be quite honest this game has some of the worst ai I have ever seen.

Are any of the old NCAA's backwards compadible on the 360?

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 09-23-2008 at 08:29 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:30 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

I have the D try fairly deep once a game or so...I use OS Legends sliders
Old 09-24-2008, 01:12 AM   #15
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
In the past, EA's third game was usually one of the best and polished games in a generation. This was the third game but only the second on the PS3 and I think their grasp of next gen technology simply has been overly slow.
I think that they are just bogged down with too many other elements of the game like Campus Legend, and the online component.

I also think that gameplay programming suffers from being overthought a bit. Calculating in factors like composure, momentum, team chemistry, confidence etc.......just adds too many variables to the mix. Being an old timer, I remember the days where sim sports games were played with dice. Those games weren't nearly as complex as what today's video games can do....but ironically, the results were more realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2008, 10:51 AM   #16
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9

the only true problem i have with the deep ball is that its not always available. I played against a friend in my OD and the deep ball was there but receivers just didnt come down with it. either got hit as they caught it and thus got dropped it or i over threw it.
otherwise i agree that sometimes the CPU wont bite on the PA fake but when they do you gotta get it outta there and most times if everything is perfect a sack is coming fast.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »