Home

Sway Pitch or Hard Sell?

This is a discussion on Sway Pitch or Hard Sell? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2008, 03:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Sway Pitch or Hard Sell?

From my experience, I've noticed that trying to "hard sell" a pitch that is not locked but already has an indication like "average" or "above average" does seemingly nothing. Rather, I have to "sway" the ptich before I get any type of indication (either up or down). So, does "hard selling" a pitch only work on an item that is "unknown"?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2008, 03:38 PM   #2
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Sway Pitch or Hard Sell?

You should only hard pitch items that the recuit likes. I typically only hard sell "Very High" and "Most". Don't waste your time on other stuff.

You sway a pitch just to get the recruit to rethink your program. If you are close to home and he has it as a "Low" priority, you try to sway it up. That way he starts thinking better about you because he thinks more highly of you. Plus, if he starts thinking close to home is better, that will hurt another team recruiting him that isn't close to home.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:23 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
You sway a pitch just to get the recruit to rethink your program. If you are close to home and he has it as a "Low" priority, you try to sway it up. That way he starts thinking better about you because he thinks more highly of you. Plus, if he starts thinking close to home is better, that will hurt another team recruiting him that isn't close to home.
Let's not forget it can also be good to sway pitches down when the recruit think it's important but your school is not that good at it.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:24 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
You should only hard pitch items that the recuit likes. I typically only hard sell "Very High" and "Most". Don't waste your time on other stuff.
I understand that you should only hard pitch items that the recruit likes. However, if you have an "unlocked" (ie: no lock is showing) item that is in the "very high" or "average" status, hard selling doesn't really do anything. It just says "pitch complete" and it doesn't "lock" the status. So, from my experience, hard selling only works when an item is in "unknown" status.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:48 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

the status only locks when it can't go any higher or lower... It will only lock when you sway... If a pitch isn't locked but is a very high or such, you can certainly hard sell it as well as try to sway
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2008, 05:05 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeneeb
I understand that you should only hard pitch items that the recruit likes. However, if you have an "unlocked" (ie: no lock is showing) item that is in the "very high" or "average" status, hard selling doesn't really do anything. It just says "pitch complete" and it doesn't "lock" the status. So, from my experience, hard selling only works when an item is in "unknown" status.
yeah, i think you are misunderstanding how the system works.

When you unlock a pitch with either find pitch or hard sell it will be either locked or not. It has nothing to do with hard selling or not...

The best is to try and sway a kids high to very high in something if your school is good at it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »