Home

How to get the same jersey # for offense and defense

This is a discussion on How to get the same jersey # for offense and defense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2008, 04:51 PM   #1
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10
How to get the same jersey # for offense and defense

After downloading various rosters I notice that all of them correctly have offensive and defensive players with the same # (In my favorite team's case, #6 WR and #6 CB). But in all of them there are some inaccuracies.

When I try to correct the inaccuracies and change a second player to a #, the computer wont let me, no matter if the other player is on D. I've checked and there is only one player with that number and he's on D and I'm trying to change the player on O (Actually a QB and a CB).

So I was wondering if people know how to do it? Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2008, 05:50 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: How to get the same jersey # for offense and defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazer003
After downloading various rosters I notice that all of them correctly have offensive and defensive players with the same # (In my favorite team's case, #6 WR and #6 CB). But in all of them there are some inaccuracies.

When I try to correct the inaccuracies and change a second player to a #, the computer wont let me, no matter if the other player is on D. I've checked and there is only one player with that number and he's on D and I'm trying to change the player on O (Actually a QB and a CB).

So I was wondering if people know how to do it? Thanks.
It can only be done on the default rosters. I play with Oregon, and Walter Thurmond and Derrick Jones are both #6, and Chris Harper and Marvin Johnson are both #1. In real life, Chris Harper is #3, and Derrick Thomas is #1, so when I went to swap their numbers, it wouldn't let me since there was already a #1. Here's the funny thing, though. Since EA's raters can't seem to get player ratings right, and they made Harper a slow RB instead of a fast QB, I switched him to DE in the off-season, where he went from a 76 OVR running back to an 86 OVR DE. But I left him with #1 so as to avoid any kind of roster glitch, and now I have two #1's starting on my defense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »